Philgor's 2005 Honda CR-V

philgor

As you've seen else where the aerodeck has moved on to a new home. I was hoping to keep the deck and run it side by side with the crv but I was unable to find anywhere to store it. 

Anyway the new car. 

It's a 2005 Honda CR-V sport 2.0 auto

84k FSH and was a locally supplied car when new. 

It's a completely different drive to the deck. I've nicknamed it "the armchair" cos that is how comfy it is to drive. 

Pictures.

Old and new...

IMG-20160316-WA0013.jpeg

It's even got a table

IMG-20160316-WA0015.jpeg

The powerplant 

It's Honda's K20a4 producing 150bhp, it pulls rather well and is well suited to the gearbox. 75mph is 3000rpm

The gearbox is a 4spd auto with lock up torque converter. Matched with the Cruse control it makes for a lazy drive..

DSC_0220.JPG

• Like 1

Mods!

The heater control unit had a black mark on it, I hoped to strip and paint it but I couldn't strip the electrics out of it. So I bought a 2nd hand unit

IMG-20160406-WA0006.jpeg

the stereo didn't have an aux port, I didn't want the hassle of changing the stereo and loosing the steering wheel controls, so I bought this.

DSC_0214.JPG

Plugs in to the back of the stereo. 

• Like 1

DSC_0213.JPG

Tell you what these f**kers are well bolted together! 

DSC_0215.JPG

Stereo out with its cubby hole, the adapter plugged in and the wiring tidied up. Drilled a 10mm hole in the cubby hole to let the aux cable through.

Wow! Nice wee bit of kit that for the usb mate! Wonder if that would fit the standard head unit in the FN2, as it doesn't have an output for usb :sad:  That's why I fitted the double din pioneer. Is that kit model specific? Good work on the armchair so far mate! And that tables gonna be handy at meets/shows!

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Wow! Nice wee bit of kit that for the usb mate! Wonder if that would fit the standard head unit in the FN2, as it doesn't have an output for usb :sad:  That's why I fitted the double din pioneer. Is that kit model specific? Good work on the armchair so far mate! And that tables gonna be handy at meets/shows!

The usb kit, I'm gonna reserve judgment on it at the moment, as it has a whine that matches the engine rpm, don't get me wrong,it's not very loud, but it's annoying. 

Aux cable. Ebay

@simpo has got one fitted to his accord. 

Cheers. Hoping it becomes a suitable all-rounder like the deck was. 

Oh, and in other news, bought 2 tyres as 2 are at 3 mm and one of them has a nail in it. 133quid delivered to the door. 

Sticking with bridgestones as that's what is fitted. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/04/2016 at 5:12 PM, Dave said:

I've just ordered a similar one for my FK3 Dave, so I'll let you know how it goes.

I have a secret love for the CRV, they look so good when looked after.

• Like 2