Philgor's 2005 Honda CR-V

philgor

2 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Holy crap mate! Glad you're okay. 

That's one broken CRV! It's done you proud keeping you safe like that. 

What's next? Are you fancying another? 

Cheers!

At the moment there's nothing else out there I fancy/like the look of. So yeah. I've got my eye on a couple of diesel Manuals but I'll go from there once I've got money to spend. 

• Like 1

Bloody hell mate! Glad you're ok as that could have been so much worse. Unbelievable you walked away from that, looks severe to say the least.

As for the Muppet that caused it, what the hell was he thinking?  Solid white lines are there for a reason! And on the brow of a hill, where he can't see what's coming! Should be done for dangerous driving at the very least.

Sad to see the CRV like that mate, know from when you came up here with it it was a mint one. As said, it did well to protect you, and you're right, being in the civic would have had a worse outcome. It's lucky (if ant crash can be called lucky) that he didn't hit you head on going by the damage he's caused there, as it doesn't bear thinking about what the outcome of that would have been. Get yourself checked out fully mate, and any injuries sue the ass off him. Idiots like that need removed from the road permanently.

Out of interest, what car was he driving?

Hope you find a new car soon.

22 hours ago, Dave said:

Bloody hell mate! Glad you're ok as that could have been so much worse. Unbelievable you walked away from that, looks severe to say the least.

As for the Muppet that caused it, what the hell was he thinking?  Solid white lines are there for a reason! And on the brow of a hill, where he can't see what's coming! Should be done for dangerous driving at the very least.

Sad to see the CRV like that mate, know from when you came up here with it it was a mint one. As said, it did well to protect you, and you're right, being in the civic would have had a worse outcome. It's lucky (if ant crash can be called lucky) that he didn't hit you head on going by the damage he's caused there, as it doesn't bear thinking about what the outcome of that would have been. Get yourself checked out fully mate, and any injuries sue the a*s off him. Idiots like that need removed from the road permanently.

Out of interest, what car was he driving?

Hope you find a new car soon.

I can't say too much, as the police are still involved, but the car they were attempting to overtake didn't stop.....

She, was driving a similar aged Vauxhall vectra. 

After going back to the car to collect my stuff, I did have a closer look, and we reckon another inch overlap and it would of been a very different story. 

Jesus! was it the cops who hit you?

I've heard of close calls mate, but an inch is deffo the closest! Deffo an angel watching over you bud! How you feeling now after it, still sore? Any other pains or aches developed? Must have been a hell of a fright when it happened.

Holy crap!! Glad your ok.

Old bill had close call with me in the S2k other day. think they own the F**** road with there lights an all....

Oh well, should be ok to pay the mortgage off with this one :mrgreen:

On 8/31/2018 at 12:19 AM, noodels said:

Holy crap!! Glad your ok.

Old bill had close call with me in the S2k other day. think they own the F**** road with there lights an all....

Oh well, should be ok to pay the mortgage off with this one :mrgreen:

Lol was talking to Phil on the phone the other day, wasn't the cops who hit him mate. I'd still be suing the ass off the driver who did collide with him though. Sheer stupidity overtaking like that.

On 9/2/2018 at 3:19 PM, noodels said:

Was referring to old Bill,

a local chap who rides a penny farthing and wears a funny hat, he is always flashing his lights and ringing his bell  :wink:

Lmao mad! :pmsl:

Been car shopping. Bought another one. 20180908_123858.jpg.f288e4baf59844c727146ff37efe7906.jpg

A 2006, 2.2CDTI 6spd manual, in executive trim.

That means 

Cruse control.

Sat nav, and it still works well! 

Heated leather seats, 

8disk changer under the passenger seat,

Power fold mirrors

It's also got

Its got a full set of water proof mats through out. They were about 200 quid! 

Towbar with twin electrics.

Chrome side bars

Its got the odd stone chip and scuff but it's done 107k so it's stuff i can deal with.

Its also just had for the mot, rear disks and pads, caliper, and rear shock absorber.

My list has a few bits on it. 

Tyres, the ones on it have life in them, but, don't inspire confidence in the wet..

Mirrors, the mechanism is slow, and one casing is cracked. I suspect the fold function hasn't been used in a while. 

Fit an aux/Bluetooth adaptor. Ditch the CD changer. See about updating the Sat nav

Need to add a gear stick extension as it's to low for my liking. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...