• 4 months later...
On 4/15/2016 at 6:57 AM, Shawn2ace said:

I've been told that my MA8 edu is OBD2 but I haven't been able to find the OBD2 connector. 

Has anyone found it or do we just not have one?

20160414_200331.jpg

20160414_200340.jpg

Which "OBD2 Plug" are you looking for? If you mean the diagnostic port its in the cabin on passenger side next to center console :) 

If you're talking about the ECU plug, Its a bit of a farse. its a OBD2 with an OBD1 plug as far as I remember

If you talking about diagnostics connector. Some of the very late models have a 16 pin connector for scan tool.

But most simply have a 2 pin and 3 pin arrangement in the passenger footwell above the ecu.

You can buy 3 pin to 16 pin adapter cables. But how well they work I don't know.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem too, I cant find the diagnostic connector. I found a 3 pin connector/cable but I don't know if is the right one. Here is a photo of it, someone told me that this is the AC connector not the diagnostic. Anyone can tell me if it is or not the right one?

IMG_20170905_184349.jpg

I don't know if you've checked already, but some models pre-2000 had two diagnostic ports below the dashboard on the passenger side, just above the kick plate. They should be blue in a plastic cover, one is a 5 pin ABS port and the other is a 2 pin ECU port. This is if you're car is not equipped with an OBD port.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not seen that one, is that up under the dash near the steering column? Sure I read that ours are either OBD1 or OBD2A?? deffo can't take the scanners they use nowadays.