Speaker help needed please

aroncmc22

Hi, I am looking to upgrade all of my stock speakers in my mb3 but need some answers first please. I am aware that the rears are 4" and the fronts are 6" and it is possible to get tweeters for the mirror blanks (something I will do) but what I am struggling with is speaker choices. So tweeters will be stock ones from a vtis, that much I'm pretty sure of.

For the doors is it better to have 2-way or components? Any crossover issues when using stock tweeters?

For the rears, the same question, component or two-way? 

I don't want to have to modify anything really, would just like direct fitment. Also not wanting to use an amp

Thanks guys l, I know it's a lot of questions but new to civics and clueless with car audio 

Would probably say your better finding an audio specific shop .. Of all the things done on here, generally audio isnt something done too often! Aside from a sub/amp combo! 

I was in your shoes some time ago and I’ll share with you my experience. My first attempt to improve the sound was by installing two-way coaxial speakers in the front. They were Ground Zero GZIF 6503X. I just mounted them to the door and the result was horrible. Muffled sound and no mids/lows.

Then I sold them and bought only the midbasses very cheap from the component speakers Morel Tempo 6. And this time I used MDF plate to mount them. I also installed stock MB6 tweeters with them. But again I wasn't really satisfied. It looked something like this:

Morel%20Tempo%206%204_zpsvdbd0ahe.jpg

Then I did a small mod that is super cheap and is a BIG improvement - put isolation around the speaker like this.

And now I really like the result. I don’t have an amp or subwoofer and I dont have rear speakers. So don’t buy coaxial speakers. You want seperate midbass 6.5" and tweeters. They must be mounted on MDF plate and be sure to apply the mod above.

If you don’t want an amp pay attention to speakers sensitivity. Also check for reviews here: http://www.xn--80aeatqv1al.xn--p1ai/rubriki/components/akustika/komponentnaya-akustika-6-5 The site is russian but you can use google translate. You can look at how low the speakers can go (for example my morel's can go down to 62 hertz which is very good). This is important because you will not run a subwoofer. That's the only site I found with detailed reviews for speakers and helps a lot in taking a decision.

The next step is door isolation which I still haven't done but I feel it will be a great improvement.

For the rear if you're installing 4" speakers it really doesn't matter what you choose.

p.s. I started writing this post at 16.04 and only now I managed to complete it :(

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...