Hi all,

I bought this vti off my mate,he was the last owner for 10 years so i know the car,full service history,red key,2 black keys,red master key fob,2 black key fobs and ir key fob.manuals ect.

It had a fuel leak from the tank so he took it off the road and that was it for a year until he agreed to sell. 

£200 in my favour ;)

Its a 98 model in baikal green with 131000 on the clock.

I plan to get it back to its former glory with some mods along the way.im doing it on a small budget so alot of things will be re fabricted to save costs.

This is how it was when i got it home needs most of the attention to the bodywork.needs a few little bits and pieces for the mot,first off,fix the fuel leak.

He's already done a few little mods including, full leather,jazz washer jets,smoked side repeaters,painted the cam cover,recon rear calipers painted red,a crap induction kit and a crap stainless back box.

DSC_0834.JPG

Bonnet is trash,laquer has gone white.

Headlight washer missing but have 1 to hand,fogs beyond repair but have some to hand.

DSC_0833.JPG

This arch isnt too bad but needs doing the other side has been repaired but needs re working.

DSC_0836.JPG

I know the intake is laughable :D but that will be binned asap!

DSC_0835.JPG

DSC_0941.JPG

DSC_0921.JPG

DSC_0922.JPG

Tank out! found the leak,corroded feed pipe.

As a quick fix, I'll repair with a high pressure rubber fuel hose until I come across a decent fuel pump at the breakers and by the looks of it a decent fuel tank which i know are hard to come by,in the mean time i will clean and paint this one for now.

I also made some new tank strap securing bolts/hangers, the originals couldn't be used again they were scrap.

DSC_0828.JPG

_20160502_112455.JPG

DSC_0943.JPG

DSC_0832.JPG

• Like 2

Update.

Tank cleaned up and painted , new fuel hose fitted.

Put it back on the car,my homemade tank strap hangers/securing bolts worked perfect and no petrol leaking!!!! Result:D:D:D well happy.

DSC_0831.JPG

_20160502_112606.JPG

• Like 1

Made a couple of headlight washer jet retaining clips at work today,the originals were pretty corroded so had to be done and they fit spot on, saved myself a few quid and got paid for the pleasure :D

DSC_0914.JPG

DSC_0915.JPG

DSC_0916.JPG

DSC_0920.JPG

DSC_0923.JPG