AC pulley bracket screw snapped, repairable without engine removal?

matej

Previous to last winter the screw that holds the bracket with the small AC pulley has snapped by itself, probably due to cold/vibrations.

Just wondering if it's repairable without engine removal. Regrettably I had an engine rebuild done the previous spring so I don't want to spend big money on engine removal just to replace one screw (the old one needs to be drilled out so not sure if that can be done with the engine still inside since it is on the side of the engine)

Last summer was quite bad without the working AC and this summer is supposed to be even worse, so I might reconsider the repair ;o]]

I've marked the pulley and the bolt on the attached pictures

2016-05-15_234445.jpg

2016-05-15_234212.jpg

2016-05-15_233907.jpg

It's a nightmare to get to mate, so reckon getting a drill near it will be nigh on impossible. You might get away with dropping the engine on that side, see if it gets low enough for access. We replaced the aircon pulley on ruby and had fun trying to get the new belt etc on. Sure we had to undo the pass side engine mount just to get the belt on, so from memory you'd need to drop that mount and the one at the rear to get the engine to drop down a bit. Keep an eye on the driver's side mount though as it might put too much strain on it. And make sure you have a jack in place to take the weights of the engine and to help get it back in place afterwards.