Daves new Daily.....MINI Cooper 2nd Gen

Dave

So, decided to finally sell the Civic TypeR FN2 (Roxy) for something a lot cheaper to run as my daily driver. Enter Carly, my 2008 Mini Cooper! She's only had 2 owners from new (same as Roxy), full history, Lower mileage than Roxy and decent spec compared to some Coopers we've looked at. Also got a cracking deal with the garage which saw me getting the car plus cash for trading in the FN2 which was a bonus!

The colour looks like a champange metallic, but is actually called "sparkling silver", which we've found out is quite a rare colour on the Coopers, so that's a bonus!. The cars been really well looked after by previous owner and is immaculate bar one wee tiny mark on the front bumper (and knowing my ocd, that'll be a new front bumper she's getting then! lol).

Plans are new alloys same as DD's, spotlights, Cooper stripes in black, tint the rear windows, and some interior upgrades. Cracking wee car to drive, really handles sweet! And still quick enough for me to have fun with, but also excellent mpg and cheap tax compared to the FN2.

Anyways, here she is...

20160618_115857Juliet MINI Cooper.jpg20160618_115905Juliet MINI Cooper.jpg20160618_115919Juliet MINI Cooper.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmao we all gay! You gay, Tom gay, everybody gay! seeya.gif1

Deffo good to drive Tom, had some fun already! Lol

Found a couple of small niggles so shes booked in after we come back from hols to have them sorted. Apart from that though, alls good in Carlys world!

• 1 month later...

Not done much to her yet, but did buy a channel swap wiring harness for the head unit. After reading up, found out that in its pearls of wisdom, BMW had all the bass going to the front speakers and tweeters, with the kids and highs going to the rears! They come standard with 6x9's in the rear, so this seemed nuts! 

Fitted the harness which swaps them around, and the sound is transformed! We now have lovely bass, and the highs are much better going through the tweeters. Gonna upgrade the front speakers at some point.

Next purchase will be the wheels and cooper S rear tailgate spoiler. So far loving it,  and gave it some stick on my favourite twisty coast road with Gayle, and it was fun! Oh, and only on its second tank of fuel since I bought it! Bonus! applause.gif1