Daves new Daily.....MINI Cooper 2nd Gen

Dave

Lol @Chandler you even got it in the right colour!  And I've gained hair! Lmao that's deffo a bonus!  Yeah, really is a great car to drive, never get tired of it. Some days I used to hate the idea of going anywhere in the TypeR, especially if it was in Edinburgh as the roads are shocking in and around the city. Just made driving a chore. The mini cooper, although still kinda stiff, is still really comfortable on all but the worst pot holes roads. 

While waiting for Gayle at the hospital today, had my tablet hooked up through the stereo, which sounded cool! Still need to find a way of getting a USB socket fitted though as it was just plugged in through the aux jack socket. 

• Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So, one wee update. Managed to track down a oem spare wheel kit for Carly. Like the TypeR, these come with no spare, just a can of that useless stuff. Didn't fancy paying BMW's price for it so been watching the usual sites waiting for one to come up. Went through in DD to Carluke tonight (further away than I thought it was!) to pick it up so will get that fitted asap. Hate not having a spare, so this will solve that problem.

Glad I got a full size spare bolted to the back of mine. When I had the insignia (courtesy car) that had a can and no wheel. Was all ways at the back of my mind when I took it to Derbyshire....

• Like 1

Yeah mate, same here. Never know when or where youre gonna get a flat (Roxy excellent example) so good to have a spare wheel there just incase.

Was saying to Gayle that its wrong that car manufacturers are allowed to design/sell cars without a spare wheel nowadays........to me its an important safety feature. Stiff all this weight saving ballony they keep spewing out, its all about cutting costs!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

gutted! Left work today and went to get Carly from the car park at midlothian bowling club. Got to car to find some low life scum had either reversed or drove into her at some speed. Been hit on drivers side front, impact has busted the bonnet, bumper, front slam panel at headlight is bashed so headlight pointing at road (although light itself has no damage). Worst bit? That b's just buggred off, no note or anything with their details. Bloody hate tossers that do that. Now im left with having to go through insurance as a fault claim, arranging car to go into repair centre, arranging a car to use while shes in, paying excess etc. All for something that wasnt my fault. Checked with the bowling club but thry showed me their cameras, all of which are in the wrong place. Least the insurance are gonna get her fixed but pees me off. Will put pics up tomorrow. Know its a white car, as theres traces of white paint so will be on the lookout in the car park on monday for a white car with damage...........

Just put her in the garage and had a bit of a closer look.......took effin ages to get the bonnet open! Thought the headlight had escaped damage but its totally smashed all the brackets off the light plus slam panel had been shoved towards inner wheel arch. Bastids! Damage doesnt look that bad with bonnet down appart from the mile gap between light and bonnet that you can shove your hand in, and the huge gap between the wheel arch and bonnet. Looking from drivers door towards front the bonnet is sticking out a fair old whack and is creased. Bumper has a split in it and the mounting point for it is gubbed. Been a healthy smack for it being in a bloody car park!

Thing is, she was parked in probably the safest space in the whole car park, nobody cokld park behind her, and cod only park on the space next to pass side. Space was right at bottom of car park in the corner so well out of the way. Be buggeted if i can understand how or why it happened. Was gonna use dd in the summer for going to work but no way im leaving her there!