DanTheB18Man

Hello all!

After a long time thinking of what build i want to go with im leaning towards N/A

but i have a couple of questions to ask:- 

1. Is there any definite mods i should do that helps power

2. Is there a different head option that would help?

3. What kind of clutch would i need for a 220bhp build? stage2?

4. I have big fuel injectors, will i benefit from these on n/a?

PS. running a b18c4 with 2.5" exhaust and whale p***s induction.

Thanks!! 

Edited by DanTheB18Man

A full 2.5" system is a good start already, especially paired with a good Toda style 2.5" manifold. Also on a C4, a replacement intake manifold is a must for peak hp. 220hp from a C4 is going to be a bit of a push, but if you are willing to go pretty hardcore it can be done. Another thing you could look at is building a B20 bottom end and running your C4 head on it. A built B20 with forged rods/pistons and bolt ons will see 220+hp on a C4 head, I've priced it up recently and you're looking at around £1500-2000 for it to be reliable and have springs/retainers capable of revving to 9K.

On 6/21/2016 at 3:11 AM, JK1245 said:

A full 2.5" system is a good start already, especially paired with a good Toda style 2.5" manifold. Also on a C4, a replacement intake manifold is a must for peak hp. 220hp from a C4 is going to be a bit of a push, but if you are willing to go pretty hardcore it can be done. Another thing you could look at is building a B20 bottom end and running your C4 head on it. A built B20 with forged rods/pistons and bolt ons will see 220+hp on a C4 head, I've priced it up recently and you're looking at around £1500-2000 for it to be reliable and have springs/retainers capable of revving to 9K.

really? ive seen a few with dc2 cams, s2 intake, exhaust inc mani, 70 mm s2 tb running 220? im meaning at the fly btw.

On 6/21/2016 at 7:57 AM, UnicyclingTom said:

Apparently the teg type R air box is the best by far you can buy for gains on the in side.

Yeah i heard that but the whale induction sounds immense!

3 hours ago, DanTheB18Man said:

really? ive seen a few with dc2 cams, s2 intake, exhaust inc mani, 70 mm s2 tb running 220? im meaning at the fly btw.

@KiNK43 had a similar setup and got around 197 i think? 

Without going bonkers. 195ish  is about the limit. Any more your looking at pretty steep build. Raising compression. Various degrees of headwork.

Any one who claims to have 220hp without serious mods has been on a very generous maybe manipulated dyno.

• Like 1

Regarding the B16 head, it actually drops the CR when bolted on a C4 block and makes less power. If I was to go back and re-do my build I'd stop f***ying around and just buy a B18C and have 198hp from the off. In the meantime, an S80 makes a maaaaasive difference to how responsive the C4 feels. 

Yeah, the gearbox is where the best bang for buck is performance wise.  I've got the final drive from an s80 in my box and the difference is great. 

Great way to free the potential of the engine. Have a look on team mfactory website for more information on benefits of better gear ratios.