Civic Aededeck mb8 speakers

ricky92

hi all !!

im an italian user, 24 age. i have a civic aerodeck 1.4 1998 with only 2 front original speakers. i want to upgrade them and add rear speakers on the top of luggage. i dont know what sizes, i think are ok 16.5 cm in front and 4" (10cm) in rear. are ok?

and secondly, i dont know how i can remove the doors panel to change front speakers. anyone have some photos or a explanation for this?

thank you very much!

• 1 month later...

Rears are 4" I think. Fronts you can run  6.5". Use speaker adapters for a old Vauxhall astra in the front. Can get from eBay or halfords. Just have to drill an additional hole to screw them in.

Door cards are easy enough. Undo screw in door opener. Slide lever out. There's a little green tab that includes and you can remove the handle completely. Remove 2 screws from the door pull handle. And a black plastic screw from under the door mirror. Then you just squeeze your hand under  the door card and give it a good tug. Popping all the Clips out. Pull the whole thing out then uowards and it will come away. Unplug window switches. Sorted.

1 hour ago, KiNK43 said:

Rears are apparently  pain by the way. New speakers need to be shallow In order to fit

Totally agree, had a real struggle to even get the screws out of mine, and had to use mdf spacers to fit the new ones. 

• 1 year later...

In my oppinion it's absolutely useless to put rear speakers, especially in these small and shallow holes. They do not have VOLUME, they are open... i know it looks like they are with some small volume but actually they are open air. The best thing you can do is to keep the original honda speakers infront or buy some descent ones, put tweetеrs infront of ya (http://imgur.com/df3ORsU) and subwoofer in the trunk. If you really want rear loundness you can either put a box in the trunk with mid to bass speakers or make the whole trunk volume with some kind of a wooden platform instead of the trunk cover.

PS: The original honda speakers are pretty damn good btw. I swapped them with alpine 2 ways but with tweeters upstairs it's absolutely useless, i have a friend who still has the original speakers and i cannot hear a difference.

Yeah rear door cards are a mare to get back on as well.

But the good news is you don't need to bother with rear speakers at all, front components and a nice little sub in the back with a decent amp and headunit and you'll be away. :)

• Like 1