Headliner sagging abit before it gets worse.

LP786

Question

Hi fellow civic5 members, i came across this problem in my previous civic where the headlining peeled off from the rear near windscreen.  I like to keep abit of my window down whilst driving and made it alot of worse. However i have a mb6 now and can see the headlining is sagging abit before it gets worse.  Is there a quick fix to this or any intelligence in how to overcome this.  I don't want to take the whole headliner board off and it has a sunroof and don't want too spend too much time on it! As much as i like to but the car is in daily use with fam ! Id appreciate if there's a quick fix out there as it slight dropping on 2 patches not massive at the rear.  Cheerio

2 answers to this question

The headlining started sagging really badly in my MB6, along with the cloth on both of the front door cards. My quick fix was to get the staple gun out! Obviously it doesn't look amazing but it's not that noticeable to be honest, and how often does anybody look closely at the headlining above the back seats anyway? 

So if it's just a daily and you're not that bothered about it looking 100% amazing and don't want to take the whole lot off then a few sneaky staples will do the job. 

You right who looks closely unless it a nosey poker , like the ones who comes to ur house in the living room and like to check the ceilings all 4 corners and gives the wall a good knock knock !!! As if the walls going to reply who's there!

Cheers il do that looks like the best way, what you think of tacks on there, plain ones like a needle?