Front and rear windscreen replacing...

m0l0t0v

Hello.

First things first, my front windscreen has a great big crack on the left hand side. starts at the edge of where the tax disc would normally be and then goes up to about halfway up the windscreen. And with lots of little scratches here and there actually getting the whole lot replaced would be a nice thing. Not sure if it can be fixed anyways...

And the rear windscreen... My car came with the ugly windscreen brake light (black box thing) which I want to remove, especially since it also came with the little spoiler with brake light. Unfortunately, two big holes were made/drilled to fit the brake box thing so can't fully remove it. I've taken it off but it's left two big black circle things which are fugly.

So... How much would I be looking at to replace both windscreens, easy enough to do yourself or let the pro's do it? Or would I be better off trying to find a boot+windscreen for my civic in the correct colour? And do you think the crack could actually be replaced, but then what about all those scratches everywhere which actually cause quite a bit of glare in sunlight/heavy rain...

Pirates black mb3...

As above, call your local windscreen company like Autoglass and they can even check if your insurance covers you for it. But you will have to pay a small excess for it.

Rear might be easier to find a complete tailgate from a donor/scrap car. But again Autoglass may be able to help you again.

• 2 weeks later...