Vtisgilman

Hi all need a little help. I'm going to get the k sport big brake upgrade, 330mm rotors, 8 pot calipers for my mb6. My problem is what car to buy them for as they don't do the kit for our cars. Most people upgrade their brakes to our 286 discs and calipers which seem to bolt on to a lot of other civics and from what I can work out are the same as the older dc2 with the 4x114 stud pattern. 

If the older dc2 brakes are the same as ours does that mean they will bolt up directly to our hubs? If so I should buy the ksport kit for the dc2 and it will be a straight bolt on job?  

Any input from someone with good knowing on this would be great as its a lot of money to buy them only to find out they don't fit. 

Cheers mate. The ATR is my back up if what I want doesn't work out. I'm going to be racing the car so want to go straight in with the best I can get rather than do what I have seen many people do and spend loads on different set ups only to then give up and do the big brake kits. 

Another thing I'm struggling with is an upgrade to the rear, I'd like to get away from the small solid disc. I'm toying with the idea of putting the front 286 discs on the rear and getting a 4 pot caliper with handbrake mechanism from hi spec. Only issue there is I'd have to get a custom made bracket to mount it. 

Does anyone know if the 94-98 integra type r hub and nucle is the same as ours, from what I can work out the DC,MB and EG share the same components. If so the integra kit should bolt up to our nucle without issue? 

Ok so after doing a lot of research it turnes out the 96 spec dc2 is a straight swap so the ksport for that will bolt directly to my car. All good news there. Got some very good prices for the kit and went to order only to be told from from 3 separate suppliers that they don't stock them and have to special order. This will take 16 weeks! I want to be on track testing ASAP so that plan is out the window so now looking at the next best thing which seems to be accord type R setup, 300 discs and twin pot calipers. Any one know if the calipers a direct bolt on, discs are different stud pattern so guessing they need drilling?

You need the carriers as well off the ATR<you need to locate Them also as <getting rare>

also <maybe> needs a machining too center the Disc,poss with a wheel spacer over hub before putting the disc on ?<not sure>.

DC2 type R has same brakes as MB6,and on track have little issues with stopping..

<although the ATR engined DC2 at vtec challenge had ATR discs up front>Very competitive...

Ferodo 2500 will give stopping power on OEM set up...air cooling with ducting will work well also..