vtis race project

Vtisgilman

Cam cover off for waterpump, cambelt and cam gear change. It is a bit dirty looking in there, sort of yellow coloured. Not sure if that's normal or not. Engine oil is bit old but clean but hopefully an oil change will sort it out. Sump needs to come off as it's leaking and iv got some baffles to weld in aswell so it will be changed then. DSC_0398.JPG.c07760f1d9f9b2d8342e79dc4438b855.JPG

While wheel was off to get to the  crank pully I noticed how covered in brake dust it was so tried out some dragons breth on it. It was filthy DSC_0392.thumb.JPG.f2aad29469009e51215a85c3f2549607.JPG

• Like 1

Everything is back together and working great now. Just have to wear in the gearbox and clutch for 500 miles. That's probably been the hardest part, no vtec and driving like my gran till the 500 is up. Even without driving over 4000 rpm the car feels fast. The weight saving and short final drive has made a huge difference, the box is now shorter than an s80 so can't wait to see how it pulls when I can finally get into vtec again. 

DSC_0412.JPG

DSC_0411.JPG

• Like 2

11 hours ago, noodels said:

Let me know if you need help,am just down road from Snetterton :wink:

That's cool mate thanks. I'm pretty happy with most of the mechanical stuff now. Next big job will be roll Cage later in the year. Once that's done the interior needs painting and all the safety equipment fitted. 

2 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Some class stuff there mate.. I bet it properly shifts with that fd :cool:

Ha thanks. I have no idea how fast it is yet as it's not been above 4000rpm yet. Even at that low in the revs it feels faster though, I think cam gears and flywheel must have helped as they were both a lot lighter. You can feel the engine pic up faster 

I'm suffering from a slipped disc at the moment so I'm not on form for posting but I had to drop in and compliment you excellent prep. work George :car1:

Edited by Gel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vtisgilman said:

Ha thanks. I have no idea how fast it is yet as it's not been above 4000rpm yet. Even at that low in the revs it feels faster though, I think cam gears and flywheel must have helped as they were both a lot lighter. You can feel the engine pic up faster 

I've got the 4.7 type r one and that made a massive difference, so the 4.9 must be epic. 

1 hour ago, Gel said:

I'm suffering from a slipped disc at the moment so I'm not on form for posting but I had to drop in and compliment you excellent prep. work George :car1:

Cheers mate. So has that stoped you fitting your nice shinny new parts and washing the car to match. I'm expecting to see some nice pic of them fitted ;-)

• Like 1