B18C4 replacement injectors

Guest Chris Rox

Question

Guest Chris Rox

Hi guys

I've been cleaning up the injectors in my MB6 B18C4 and I've noticed that the orange plasticy tip bits are slightly cracked and worn looking so I'm looking to replace them as a set as I think this is the main reason I'm getting a ticking sound from the intake side.

What would be the best to replace them with or should I just get original ones again? I'm really looking to get bigger cc injectors though is this possible and if so what do you guys usually go for?

If I get bigger cc injectors do i have to do anything else to compensate or will it even make a difference?

Thanks guys.

You should just replace with standard injectors.  They are a naturally ticky injector though.

If you were to change for a larger cc you would  require a socketed ecu and a tune to amend the injector timing and fueling.

Unless of course modifying for  lot more power i.e turbo or supercharger not worth it.

• Like 2

The stock injectors have a 20 year old design. They certainly do their job well but imho investing in new, more modern injectors with better spray pattern and atomization is always a plus. One of the good options in terms of price/performance are the Acura RDX injectors. I have even bought a set some time ago but they turned out to be fake. But I still have this upgrade in mind.

But of course like everyone said you need socketable CPU and a tune afterwards.

Guest Chris Rox

Thanks for all the advice guys! The injectors are definitely original and I'm going to have to replace them anyway. Where's the best place to purchase OEM injectors? Can anyone point me in the direction of them? Are they quite a generic product and easily available or are they really specific to the B18C4? All i can find on eBay are second hand fuel rails and nothing else of much use tbh.

Guest Chris Rox
On 08/16/2016 at 0:30 PM, Guest Chris Rox said:

Thanks for all the advice guys! The injectors are definitely original and I'm going to have to replace them anyway. Where's the best place to purchase OEM injectors? Can anyone point me in the direction of them? Are they quite a generic product and easily available or are they really specific to the B18C4? All i can find on eBay are second hand fuel rails and nothing else of much use tbh.

Do these RDX Denso Injectors that are all over eBay just straight swap with the original injectors? I can't find / don't know what I'm looking for in regards to replacing the original injectors.

Any help would be much appreciated guys.

Would you not consider using a company like injectortune. To ultrasonically clean and test the injector's. They also replace damaged pintle caps and replace filter baskets and seals. The cost is 57 quid. Including return postage.

Guest Chris Rox

Would that be a better idea than buying replacement injectors?

I can't find like for like new injectors anywhere all I get are these RDX Denso ones.

Is there a product code for OEM injectors and if so where can I buy them?

Or if I go for these RDX ones are they just a straight swap or do I need any other bits to make them fit? Would they still work anyway until I get a remap done? 

Cheers for the help :smile:

The part number is 16450-RWC-A01. If you decide to buy them be sure to use a reputable place because there are a lot of fake ones. They are not a straight fit. They need adapters for the fuel rail and conversion harness or clips. Something like this kit - http://www.xenocron.com/adapter-pack-obd1-honda-p-752.html?osCsid=im5hl311cl8pvargu7e3leiss4 but there are cheaper options.

Runing them with the stock ECU is big NO, NO. Here's a little quote:

oh and to give you an idea of what im talking about, starting my car on the factory ecu tune with 420cc injectors installed, my AFR is 9:1 at idle

Guest Chris Rox

Thanks for the advice! So basically running 440 with standard ecu would just be wasting fuel? Or could it actually cause damage?

Where's the best place to buy injectors from?

Thanks again :smile:

Guest Chris Rox

Also what is the oem part number for replacement standard injectors for the B18C4 if anyone knows and where would the best place be to purchase them?

Thanks