Fitting Meisters to MB3.....is this safe?

Wolfmother

So I've fitted Meister R's to my mb3.

My issue is the lca bolts, they seem a bit short. I understand that my mb3 (1998 D15Z8) uses EG length lca's but use an EK size strut bush. (Please correct if wrong)

I followed the diagram provided by Meister using the washers and spacers for the EK set up. Using both the spacers and washers left me with about 5mm of bolt to thread a securing nut onto.

I've had to remove the washers and just use the spacers which sit inside the fork and I've managed to thread a locking nut onto the bolt by about 10mm, but it doesn't exactly look reassuring.

Ideally, I need a bolt that's another 20mm longer, any help is much appreciated.

IMG_20160730_121737135.jpgIMG_20160730_114758532.jpgIMG_20160730_114803854.jpg

Look on Lings website and get new longer ones for maybe MB6,it will show length sizes with a reg number.

or get correct length and correct shank length also to suit.

Or  a thinner Nyloc nut would do it also.

Or sell them to me :cool:

Edited by noodels
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JK1245 said:

Are they MB specific Meisters as I believe they supply a longer bolt with the MB specific ones? 

They are yes, but I bought them 2nd hand and there weren't any bolts in the box, I'll check cyberspeeds website and see if they sell the extended bolts

• 2 weeks later...