A little bit about the car as far.

I Got the car in a swap deal a couple of months ago for my 200000 mile beat up old 1998 bmw 318 that had been driven to within an inch of its life and when the bottom end started making some baaad noises it was time to move on. I put it up on swapz and was offered the Civic for it. at 100000 miles less than the bmw and generally clean inside and out I went for it. And im really glad i did.

It came with the D16w3 engine which is non vtec, contrary to what the door decals say, and it also came with some battered 17" wolfrace alloys, no backbox and "lowering springs" haha

So first thing was buying a crx straight through centre section from a mate at work which fit perfectly then picked up a backbox and had exhaust a fix in darlington fit that up with hangers and apropiate flange and whatnot so thats exhaust sorted.

I dont like the wheels at all i dont like the style and there way too big but a couple of coats of matt black means I can atleast live with them for a little while.

The lowering springs, on closer inspection turned out to be just chopped standard springs. It doesnt seem like too much was cut off so the ride isnt too bad. Again I can live with it for a little while.

The grip on my original steering wheel was loose and would twist around the inner solid part of the wheel so that had to go and was replace with what we see in the pictures with a boss made from the original steering wheel (ghetto mods haha)

The roof and bonnet have a tonne of little dents all over it where it was caught in a heavy hailstone storm but thats not a serious issue and can be dealt with later down the line.

But firstly I must get rid of the awful auto gearbox set up. dont get me wrong it works perfectly well I just miss the feel of changing ger myself so thats going to be the first major thing to be dealt with.

I think thats It for now so stay tuned for updates as they happen :)

Cheers, I must admit it loos better in the pics than it does in real life. Right lets see, Plans in order of how I plan them to pan out. Now these things dont always work out as planned but this is how I hope It should go

• Manual conversion
  • New wheels and tyres
  • Coilovers
  • Vtec head
  • grooved discs and new pads
  • all hailstone dents and bumper scrapes sorted and respray In original colour 

theirs probably loads of other little bits and pieces I want to do In between but these are the main ones and give me plenty of to deal with for the meantime.

• Like 1

Few little bits since my last update. Got rid of the rest of the air con pipework, added a super budget awesome filter of air, took all the stars out and took the abs module device out, rerouted the screenwash pipes and moved the battery ground to a more discreet location. Dont know if its just my imagination but since I took the abs device out the power steering feels, well it feels more powerful and the brakes feel better, like more responsive. 13957024_10210012654655400_1421710516_n.jpg13942665_10210012654975408_650055338_n.jpg13933523_10210012655255415_1817081554_n.jpg

looking a bit tidier 

Cheers man, £5.50 for the filter haha and the rest was free :) I recycled the pipe that went to the rear washer for it to reach under the battery and just blocked off the rear pipe. I didnt need it since I dont have a rear wiper. Its kind of addictive, I think im gonna see what else I can hide away tommorow.

• Like 1