Dexter

Need to replace leaking cam seal(s). Never done this before, so anything i should know in advance? I've got Hondabond and an accurate torque wrench. The rocker cover seal was replaced only half a year ago so i'm using the old one. I watched this video, looks pretty straightforward:

In this one he only changes the exhaust side cam seal, and i've noticed some other people only change 1 cam seal as well when fixing a cam seal leak. My logic would say to replace both seals on the same go, but is this a) necessary and b ) possible without removing the distributor? I'm not even 100% sure if i've got leaks on both seals or only the exhaust side, it's hard to tell with all the bits in the way and oil spreading around engine.

16 hours ago, Chandler said:

yep. 1 cam seal and 1 o-ring for the dizzy. i thought i had to buy 2 originally for my build then looked into it a bit more and realized its only 1 you need :car1:

Same here. With the exception that i assumed and bought 2 BEFORE looking into it. Oh well, wasn't too expensive and i can always sell it.

But thanks for the help Kink43 and Chandler, i'll get this done today.

One more question, there seems to be different opinions about this: should i use hondabond or oil on the new seal? I've got a metallic aftermarket one with multiple o-rings.

I've had two brands Skunk and blox. Personally decided not to put sealant on as both were snug. Only a little under the mating surface of cap.

Won't hurt to put a bit on just in case tho hey.