The Inspiration thread!

Finch

So for a very long time its been well known the Civic MA/B/C is based upon the Honda Domani / Acura EL in Canada/States which also shares a hell of a lot of parts with the Rover 45 / MG being the same platform. It was also sold in places around asia-pacific as the Isuzu Gemini (MA = 1993-94, MB = 1997) or Suzuki Baleno (1999 era).. Well after a hell of a lot of digging around I found a few other varients based upon the domani, and thus sharing the majority of parts with MA/B/C/EG/DC2... Enter the ring... Honda City Type-SZ (SX8)

Now I have to apologise if the quality of the images are terrible, I'm on limited internet service at work and they block sites such as Flickr, Photbucket, Imgur etc

What I'm hoping is that we can gather up any images of City's, Baleno's, Gemini's, Acura's, Domani's, MA/B/Cs and compile them into a somewhat of a image knowledge base so people can get inspiration and ideas for projects. I love the VTI-S kit how it sets off the bubbly "soft" lines and makes the car look more aggressive but I'd love to see a bit more creativity with the MB. 

If you've got a few pictures please post them up, would be fantastic to get them together in one place :) 
download.jpgdownload (1).jpgimages.jpgimages (1).jpg

Aug 18th: I'm now making this a thread dedicated to gaining inspiration for your project!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dr_broon said:

Good detective work there :geeky:

haha thanks, I was followed by someone on instagram with a SX8 and started me off looking at different cars on that platform.

Superb work Finch! And an excellent idea too. We did used to have a page on the site years ago with a history of the Civic M's, including some history behind the whole aerodeck project and some production line photos. There was a bit on the page which mentioned where the whole Civic M thing started (the Domani) but due to us upgrading the site a number of times over the years we've lost those pages. Be great to recreate it all in this new (well, newest) site. Lets see some more images of the platform our Civic's began from. We'll get a new page created once we have a good load of photos and history to go with them. B)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Superb work Finch! And an excellent idea too. We did used to have a page on the site years ago with a history of the Civic M's, including some history behind the whole aerodeck project and some production line photos. There was a bit on the page which mentioned where the whole Civic M thing started (the Domani) but due to us upgrading the site a number of times over the years we've lost those pages. Be great to recreate it all in this new (well, newest) site. Lets see some more images of the platform our Civic's began from. We'll get a new page created once we have a good load of photos and history to go with them. B)

I'll try and find the images properly when I get home, I can only pull up thumbnails and stuff at work due to a portal connection through our Greek plant (they host all servers there) :wacko: Anything from any hosting site is normally blurry or doesn't show up at all.

think I just about remember those from the days when the site was black (?) will definitely post more pictures I have saved on my PC at home

• Like 1

lol yeah, our first.....no second design of the site! Good memory mate! lol Still got our original banner from back then on the pc, but sadly we lost a lot of our stuff to the server company we had back then (was American and useless!) when we switched to our current uk server company.

• Like 1

21591150249_b4df7a091d_c.jpg
21591120599_1660c6ff2f_o.jpg
Another Pictures courtesy of.. http://www.rolledlife.com/honda-city-type-z-sx8-blue-dom-a-vnt-autogarage-project/

29 minutes ago, Chandler said:

they do look really cool, would be cool the front end on a deck :cool:

I think the lights are the same possibly? would just need bumper, bonnet and grille if I'm thinking right.. Maybe slam panel.

The lip is a EK / EJ Mugen lip (probably a rep)