Finch's Double D's

Finch

3 minutes ago, UnicyclingTom said:

Absolutely it is. 

Boosted Mb. Meh.

Boosted Mc. :wub:

16 minutes ago, noodels said:

Rear VTIS bumper lower part of an MB6 VTIS does not fit the Aerodeck ..

12 minutes ago, ammarbm said:

Welcome to the Aerodeck club mate;). Looks good. The front lip and side skirts would fit but you will need an Aerodeck rear bumper as it's different from hatch.

Thanks guys, I'll be doing a side-side build on these if funds allow. Realistically I can't do any major builds on it right now I need a car for work and with the issues I've had I just needed something. Ive had 2 days off work trying to fault find and stick stuff back together! This isn't my first or even 10th engine building/swapping rodeo but this car is kicking my a*s.

If I can sort out Betty in the next few weeks I'll be good to take Blue off the road to do a build; darton MID sleeved block, the lot.. Then I will crank up the boost :twisted:

• Like 1

So I've ordered a few bits for the deck, the promise I made to myself apparently has lasted 2 days. I have ordered a pair of mirrors, they've both seen better days so think I will revamp them both at the same time.

I've also spoken to a breaker who has a VTI/S kit, rear passenger light and mid spoiler in so I'm going to be picking that up next week or so when I get paid. I've also ordered another hub and will need to purchase a wheel but want to get the exterior sorted first then I'll sort out the interior.. Apart from the dodgy door handle that's p**sing me off it just needs a clean inside.. and that faux wood removing. I'm going to make a set or skin mine in Carbon Fiber rather than wrapping it :lol:

Will be painting the bonnet over the weekend (weather permitting) where it has lacquer peel, Luckily its non-metallic so it should be an easy process unlike Betty.

22 minutes ago, Chandler said:

awesome mate!

My biggest fear is that people will start thinking I've copied you with your Deck', But there's not a huge amount of variation you can do with our chassis' :lol:

Though your deck is stunning so if I can get 1/2 way I'd be happy :P 

6 minutes ago, UnicyclingTom said:

i'd be happy with 1/8th....

Yeah that's more likely for me :lol: Being raped by Barclays for an account I thought I closed 5 years ago

In other news I've spent 3hours of this morning searching for Accords, Legacys etc and found a style I want to possibly take the Deck' in

accord_r.jpgdownload.jpg

MG_4478.jpgHm02_YvNn_1.jpg

VIP ish Big Wang Gang.

• Like 1

Ordered a few bits today for both cars and booked Betty into DKU to get a full turbo-back system built once the manifold is here. Called around to a couple of remapping places who have a rep for working on Honda's, TDI north just straight out refused to work on it because they'd never done a D-series before, They stated that they only work on K and F series engines even though I had them map my B16 before and "Hondata" is specifically listed on their website :huh:

Called Dynodaze and got an astounding "Yes let me know when you're ready" straight away, no F**king around. Perfect.

In other news a CX Racing Ramhorn and a Precision 5858 Roller bearing (.82) turbo is on its way to me from the States, I also ordered a Tial 38mm Waste gate, Greddy Type S BOV and a Skunk2 intake manifold. The 5858 is overkill for 150-200hp aim on low boost from all calculations, but eventually I will be swapping it over to a smaller 4831B turbo and putting the 5858 on the D16. What I ultimately want to do is build two near identical cars making similar power except one being a Deck' the other being a fastback. I will be aiming to pickup another D16W4, Z6 or Y8 and build the block completely but for now a little bit of boost on a Honda will be fine :twisted:

1.jpg7.jpgTBC-P-5858.jpg

Think I'll be eating Noodles for a month or two :lol:

Edited by Finch
  • Like 2

Spent half hour messing with Betty. She fired up straight away today after 10 mins of messing, also got the shifter adjusted to a livable level.

Family booty shot on the father in laws (overgrown) garden

IMG_20161016_113642.jpg

• Like 1

Recovered the MBs roof lining this evening in black faux suede material (looks purple with my terrible phone) with left overs to do pillars and visors too

IMG_20161016_205834.jpg

Not a fantastic job because the spray glue seeped (top right shows this) through the fabric due to its thickness, used carpet tape to secure edges where it folded over onto backing, added extra glue on top of edges on the back to keep well-truely in place

Going to prep and paint all the handles and clips etc to either knighthawk black or black gloss to match, just something a little extra instead of matt black.

I also pulled the sump and brackets off the old block before I gave it to scrap man, much to my displeasure (I wanted to turn it into a coffee table but the wife told me to p**s off)

The sump is going to become a donor for either:

- a template for a custom one (more capacity and feeds for turbo) based on the moroso turbo ones

- Modified with feeds/drain ports added for turbo

I also pulled the rocker off the head before handing the block and head over, I'll be drilling out the rivets to remove baffle in that to fit AN8/10 feeds for rocker breather hoses aswell as a lick of paint when I get 5 minutes

My current idea is to relocate as many fluid feeds to where the battery currently lives in a custom housing idea I have, I will also relocate the battery into the c**kpit/boot. 

I have an oil cooler, filter relocation kit and breather kit on order right now aswell as various turbo bits. I want to get as much of the oil side of things done before the turbo goes in, including feeds to pan, that way I can simply plumb the lines in after bolting up, install base mapped ECU and get it running then take it for remap asap

Edited by Finch
  • Like 1