Different engineloom on replaced b18c4

koen_valk

Question

Hi there,

My name is Koen and im from the Netherlands. I've just replaced my broken down b18c4 (broken valve kissed the cylinder) which went in like a charm. As after fitted it in ik discovered that the engine loom plug is just a tiny bit different then my old engine loom. The plug thats got me a headache is 1of the plug near the co-drivers side(probably drivers side for most uk drivers becuase its a lhd car). One of the plugs had got a little white peg which isn't fitted on the other engine. I've looked at the colour and lining of the cables and they are all in the same plug, but they cant be connected because of the little white peg which really frustrates me. Are here more people who had this problem and if so how was this problem fixed? Personaly I was thinking of removing the peg of just completely swap the loom over, but that would probably be kind of a big job. 

I could use some info from someone who fixed this problem or someone who knows how to fix it.

Thank you sincerely

Koen

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Yes pics will let us see exactly the plug and the problem mate. We're not aware of any changes to the plugs throughout the production of the cars so does seem a bit strange. Was the new engine from an MB6? Is it definitely stamped B18C6 on the block? Or could it be the inlet manifold has been changed at some point, hence the plug being different?

Guys,

Thanks a lot for all the quick responses. Ive found the problem. The enginloom was just the same as my old one. It was just a kind of white guide thingy that was still stuck in the "new" loom which still needed to be removed!

I'll try to still upload some pictures to help clarify the problem.

Cheers

• Like 1