MB6 Rear wheel bearing

Guest Chris Rox

Question

Guest Chris Rox

Hi guys, wheel bearing problem :sad:

Decided it would be a good idea to drive on to a beach the other day. It was hard wet sand and just a tiny bit of soft dry sand.

Anyway.

The bearing on the left rear already sounded noisey before but since coming off the beach it has gotten a lot louder and almost sounds like a worn disc/pad situation with a warped disc.

I though bearings were sealed so am I being stupid and this has definitely made it worse? What's the worst situation, how long can I put off changing the bearing  (they aren't bloomin cheap!)

And as with eveything on the MB6, it's really hard to be sure I'm buying a suitable part. I've noticed Euro Car Parts have 2 bearings at 2 different prices but have also read somewhere else that the more expensive doesn't even fit!

What is the correct bearing to buy and where is the best place to purchase said bearing. I'm wary of using eBay for this as there seems to be a few different options for bearings!

As per usual any help will be much appreciated guys!

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, noodels said:

maybe

I've bought a rear hub from that ziggy seller before. Wrong one. The seller was good though and tried to solve the problem and phoned me etc. But I went elsewhere as sure he had only aerodeck ones. 

That was years ago though, he may have sorted it all out now...who knows 

Guest Chris Rox
1 hour ago, burbleboy said:

There are very few sellers on eBay just now. I went with a seller that advertised warranty with the part.

The aerodeck rear hub is different from the hatch model I believe. Must be something to do with the abs ring as the deck is as heavy as a tank (looks the same too!)

Try this one;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270430089442

This one seems like the best bet so far so thanks for all your help guys!

Is advertised as free postage but unfortunately that's only for mainland and I'm in N.Ireland but even with the 15 quid postage it's still the best value so far!

Thanks guys!

I remember arguing with my local place that it was a Civic aerodeck that i wanted parts for... Guy was saying that there was only an accord aerodeck... I was like, it's there.. In the car park, and it's a Civic. 

Then he found the right page in his book. 

Knob. 

• Like 1

On 29/09/2016 at 8:05 PM, burbleboy said:

Typical response from parts people :( 

Oh wait, I'm a parts person :0 

Been there, though autocat or alleycat is fairly good at locating vehicles depending if you have reg or not