As promised I took a couple of photos yesterday of the car. It ticked onto the big 3-0 the other day so had to get a photo. The interior is so mint, never seen a gear knob in such good condition. Under the all weather mats it has basically brand new carpet mats all round. I keep finding all sorts as i dig around, like the original sales brochure. The body work is OK, would like to get the arch done at some point. The engine bay is clean, just dirty. I have never seen the lower part of the front panel NOT rusty on a Honda before so that was nice. I also treated myself yesterday to a new stereo, i had to very carefully remove the original head unit and install the new one. Very happy with the results.

So onto plans moving forward, the brakes are terrible. I have new pads and discs all round, four new shocks as they are all shot and service parts. There could be an issue with the master cylinder so I have bought a replacement just incase. I am going to change the brake fluid and the pads and discs first and see how the pedal is after that. 

I would like to get a nice set of Work wheels and maybe some springs don't fancy Miesters again.

Comments and thoughts welcome :)

20160906_075702.jpg

20160907_141949.jpg

20160907_141956.jpg

20160907_142011.jpg

20160907_142022.jpg

20160907_142043.jpg

20160907_142121.jpg

20160907_142130.jpg

20160907_142202.jpg

20160907_142208.jpg

IMG-20160908-WA0009.jpeg

12 minutes ago, UnicyclingTom said:

gone quite rusty in only 30k :huh:

:cool:

Ha ha, yer the arches have. It has lived most of its life on a farm I believe and had the water traps on the arches which started the rot. I don't think it has gone through, i need to inspect it further.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, powerofdreams said:

Don't know what I'm more shocked at.  The extremely low miles or the fact it's got half tank of fuel 

It's so good on fuel, last night I drove from Reading to Newcastle and I got 270 to half a tank. I think 500 miles a tank is possible, have to wait until tomorrow when I drive back to see when the light comes on.

On 10/09/2016 at 7:39 PM, dr_broon said:

That's good going. 

You up here for the run? :)

No, I was there for a family wedding.

So I had an interesting drive back, I was aiming for 500 miles to a tank. Bearing in mind I have new pads, discs, shocks and other bits in the boot, I chickened out at 485. The light was coming on for a minute or two and then going off and I didn't know when the next services would be. I could of gone on knowing the distances now. I think 550 would be possible at a push, I wasn't going particularly slow either speed between 60-75mph and kept the eco light on for 95% of the time.

With a quick calculation it's around 49/50mpg which I think is pretty good.

20160911_154121.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys, not sure what sort of mileage you guys have achieved? I am trying to hire a ramp for Saturday so I can get some work done, I am so done with working on the floor/driveway, just makes life easier. Should hear back soon and then I can get some real work done!