Aerodeck headlight washer jet

jacktar

Question

Hi,

Could anyone out there advise me on how to change the headlight washer jet on my Aerodeck. I can't see how to get to the little tinker without taking the front bumper off. Surely there must be an easier way than that.

Just as a matter of interest, has anyone got a second hand jet they are willing to sell. I haven't bought one yet because the Honda price is about £24.00 but to fit it is an extra £65.00, hence my original question. 

Thanks,

John

4 answers to this question

There's a little metal spring clip thing a me bob that fits between a notch on the washer jet body and the back of the bumper. 

Pretty sure that the bumper has to come off though. 

Taking the bumper off isn't too bad in itself... The problem will be siezed screws. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I'll have a go. I don't mind getting down but old age dictates how fast I can get back up again.

Thanks again,

John

11 hours ago, jacktar said:

Hi,

Could anyone out there advise me on how to change the headlight washer jet on my Aerodeck. I can't see how to get to the little tinker without taking the front bumper off. Surely there must be an easier way than that.

Just as a matter of interest, has anyone got a second hand jet they are willing to sell. I haven't bought one yet because the Honda price is about £24.00 but to fit it is an extra £65.00, hence my original question. 

Thanks,

John

A common thing a lot of customers did (when I worked parts 4-5 years back) to save themselves about £42 a pair was to buy a set of universal bonnet windscreen washers and use some 3-5mm vac hose which came to no-more than about £6, saving about £42 in total. They usually come with a threaded nozzle at the back with a nut like this:

2015-new-2-pcs-font-b-Universal-b-font-Car-Vehicle-Front-font-b-Windshield-b.jpg

sure they're not as fancy as the parts they replace but if you're on a budget then this might be an option!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Finch said:

A common thing a lot of customers did (when I worked parts 4-5 years back) to save themselves about £42 a pair was to buy a set of universal bonnet windscreen washers and use some 3-5mm vac hose which came to no-more than about £6, saving about £42 in total. They usually come with a threaded nozzle at the back with a nut like this:

2015-new-2-pcs-font-b-Universal-b-font-Car-Vehicle-Front-font-b-Windshield-b.jpg

sure they're not as fancy as the parts they replace but if you're on a budget then this might be an option!

Good idea. Being an 'Oldy Mouldy' and on a pension I'm always on a budget. Hey-Ho, such is life'

• Like 1