shamz

Hi there

Was wondering has anyone fitted a dc2 rack before. Does it make any differences and is it a straight swap. My one is leaking at the moment so thought might aswell upgrade it.

I'm 99% sure the DC2 and VTI/S MB6 share an identical rack? the DC2 PAS is a 3.2 LTL (lock-to-lock) and Non-PAS is 3.0 ratio's, MB6 uses a 3.2 LTL rack and the EG6 SiR uses a 3.58, now the lower you go the harder it becomes to park!! I had a 2.68 Quaife quick rack in my EK9, it was an absolute horror to park up in anywhere but an empty car park lol

48 minutes ago, shamz said:

Cheers for the reply mate. Dont want a heavy steering lol. 

If its the same i might aswell go for a mb6 one. 

Whats up with it? Is is leaking? it is it coming from the hoses or the seals? is it p*ssing out or just occasional leak? some stuff like stop leak is available by companies like Wynns and Lucas, Wynns also so a sealant that can be used aswell but I've only ever used the Lucas PAS stop leak.

Seals and hoses are replaceable and both are cheap enough to replace its mostly just o-rings on these, no silly circlips as far as I know! but if you are intending on getting a replacement id look for one where you can return your old one and just pay a surcharge, you can save yourself a few quid this way (only really good if the seller is local!) 

I did buy that stopleak stuff but i think its gone beyond repair. I might just try i since i have nothing to lose. Its been a good few years its been leaking and now ive got so much play on the steering. Mind you its interesting you say that coz its not p**sing out. Ive got a patch on wherei park the car.

Had it checked out and i think its worth just changing the whole rack and everything else like track rod end etc. 

Ive had the car 10years and im guessing previous owners have never changed the track rods, ball joints etc. Needs a mini overhaul

1 hour ago, Chandler said:

from what i could see from mounts the DC2 one doesn't fit :/ 

I thought it did as it fits into the EG/DC2 and MB6 all had same mounts? Strange!

Thought the oil feeds need to be changed as well

so need the pipes ect of Dc2

<but could be thinking of Mgzs180 though>

but as said same Ratio so no point,

smaller wheel is hard work also for car control at speed on the ruff roads,

swapped mine out !! could be my tyre/wheel config though..

8 hours ago, Finch said:

I thought it did as it fits into the EG/DC2 and MB6 all had same mounts? Strange!

i'm not 100% sure it doesn't fit. the pictures i've seen, the mounts look in a different place i thought.

i plan on making mine manual at some point. mine feels s**t where i've looped the pipes

3 hours ago, Chandler said:

i'm not 100% sure it doesn't fit. the pictures i've seen, the mounts look in a different place i thought.

i plan on making mine manual at some point. mine feels s**t where i've looped the pipes

I had a leak and no fluid in one of my previous cars, coupled with a deep dish my arms were like arnie at the end of the month :lol: I like my PAS too much as it stands, I might do an Toyota MRS/MR2 Spyder electro-hydraulic conversion on Betty while shes off the road

9 hours ago, noodels said:

Thought the oil feeds need to be changed as well

so need the pipes ect of Dc2

<but could be thinking of Mgzs180 though>

but as said same Ratio so no point,

smaller wheel is hard work also for car control at speed on the ruff roads,

swapped mine out !! could be my tyre/wheel config though..

it depends on the engine I would guess? the D and B share the same location for the PAS pump / hoses, the MG has it on the opposite at the back left-ish side underneath the alternator I think? so Id guess the pipes are going to be in a different place and a different length. It cost me about £15 to get a local hydraulic hose place to make up some pipes so not bank breaking to go custom, I fitted pump and put hoses in and noticed it was about 15mm to short, I had them make them 45mm longer to give me a little bit of play.