MB6 VTi-S had an accident, estimate cost repair for new slam panel?

Junior92

Cut long story short, I hit someone from the rear and the top half of my car took a lot of impact so the slam panel has pushed inwards. Pic attached. Wings are ok. One headlight cracked but I've got a spare. Bonnet is totally destroyed. Bumper is scuffed. I do not wish to go through insurance. If anyone here is an expert, could they tell me if this is repairable and if I need a new slam panel, I could obtain one from a breaker but what would average cost a garage charge to cut off old and weld in new? It's an MB6 VTi-S which are quite rare so that's why I want to save it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Garage costs for this may be quite high mate (any welding costs a bit nowadays). Looking from pics it's hard to tell how hard the impact was, but as long as the chassis legs are straight, then getting a new panel fitted shouldn't be an issue.

By the looks of it you'll also need a new crashbar (for behind the bumper). It's deffo saveable though on first impressions, have seen a few that were worse than that and were saved mate.

It might be worthwhile pricing up a new slam panel (think these are still available) as most garages will prefer to work with a new panel as opposed to one that's been cut from another car. Can't see the panel being more than £250 max. welding wise, if you take off everything you can it will also cut the costs for the garage.

Brand new on this page here bud:

https://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17S1E01&block_02=B__4900&block_03=7745&block_05=hcr

item 13 would be for the complete part - £220, but showing as unavailable.

I'm sure that @10000rpm could sort you out for a used one though - he's in your sort of area too (Rochdale) ;)

he has garage services as well - not sure about doing welding and stuff, but worth asking.