coilovers

azza

Question

good morning all 

i have recently brought a 1999 honda civic aerodeck and i am looking to get some coilovers for it but am gettin confused which ones to buy as some people say the ones off a ek or ej the ones i was lookng at are these ones http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-EG-EH-EJ-EK-LOWERING-SPRINGS-COILOVER-KIT-/112041178501?fits=Car+Make%3AHonda|Model%3ACivic|Cars+Year%3A1999&hash=item1a162cb585:g:vJQAAOSwgY9XfKXz

could any one help 

54 minutes ago, azza said:

good morning all 

i have recently brought a 1999 honda civic aerodeck and i am looking to get some coilovers for it but am gettin confused which ones to buy as some people say the ones off a ek or ej the ones i was lookng at are these ones http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-EG-EH-EJ-EK-LOWERING-SPRINGS-COILOVER-KIT-/112041178501?fits=Car+Make%3AHonda|Model%3ACivic|Cars+Year%3A1999&hash=item1a162cb585:g:vJQAAOSwgY9XfKXz

could any one help 

EK ones work You need a few washers to stop the coilover moving in the LCA (Lower control arm) as the EG/DC2/MB/MC has a thinner LCA (and thus coilover) to the EK type, Honestly though I'd save your money and buy something better instead of those coilovers, prosports are very cheap and bouncy and the valving/seals aren't great which is the real thing you want in coilovers especially if you're going to slam it right down, last thing you want is in 3 months time to have to replace them again! 

images.jpg

Top is a stock spring-over-shock setup from an EK, the lower is an EG coilover. As you see the EK is around 10-12mm so you need a couple washers to pack out the fork on the arm :) 

MeisterR and BC both make MB specific coilovers, usually the BC's are listed as DC2/MB6 but the difference is negligable, are normally around £600-800. Anything DC2, Civic EG and MB6 will be a direct fit.

Don't bother with any coilovers that arnt specifically for an aerodeck as the rear shocks are different heights an ek shock is a lot shorter than the aerodeck one so even with the coils as high up as they go the rear end will be dumped on its arse with no adjustment

On 10/26/2016 at 12:19 PM, Finch said:

images.jpg

Top is a stock spring-over-shock setup from an EK, the lower is an EG coilover. As you see the EK is around 10-12mm so you need a couple washers to pack out the fork on the arm :) 

MeisterR and BC both make MB specific coilovers, usually the BC's are listed as DC2/MB6 but the difference is negligable, are normally around £600-800. Anything DC2, Civic EG and MB6 will be a direct fit.

So eg coilovers will fit?