Anyone running meisterR zeta S, CRD or BC coils ?

Viltor

Hello,

I know alot of people running Meisterr coilovers and they are specific for civic MB6. I saw a thread of someone saying the ride height range from the meisterR crd are not that good if we want to drop like 3cm because the shocks are already 4 or 5 cm shorter thank stock. My question is, what is the max riding height ? Any pictures ? Arent meisterr suppose to have a close max rid height like stock since they are specific ?

thanks

Yeah mate, can confirm that the max height is not far off standard ride height, but is still a bit lower than normal. I did have mine set high to start with and took it down to the height as seen in our japfest photos. Sonce then ive raised it up a wee bit, but am thinking of raising it more as theres too many speedbumps around here and although fine with just me in the car if theres passengers she tends to scrape the exhaust which bugs me. Did try just stiffening it up more but found that it only helped a lttle bit and made it uncomfortable  (for me anyways) so deffo gonnaraise her a bit. Will post up pics when shes done tho probs wont be for a while yet. Deffo go for the meisters, excellent bit of kit. I think theyve stopped doing the zeta s but have a model which replaced it. (Need to check)

• 2 months later...

Pardon the intrusion @Dave, i'm too interested about the point, as i'm evaluating the CRDs for my MC2. Can i ask you what do you approximately mean with "a bit lower", as it is highly subjective? -10 mm, -20 or -30 or even more? For me it is a quite important point, as the CRDs seem perfect in terms of quality, potential handling and tuneability but I absolutely don't want lo lower it more than -20 mm: I need some ground clearance for daily battle operations :lol: if CRDs can't fulfill this requirement, I'll forcely go for handcraft regeneration&stiffening of the stock dampers.  

• Like 1

Good news, I tried to ask directly to meister r and they provide a really fast answer (yesterday at 1.25 am :blink: )

The MA03S will go from around -25mm to around -75mm range.
You can extend that range by adjusting the springs pre-load (the car can go higher), but that is around the rough range from OEM ride height.

That's all, although it's not clear to me how much the springs pre-load (basically affecting the static position of the piston along the damper stroke) can be used for the purpose of increasing ride height without deteriorating the damping quality. However I guess that a 5mm compression should be accetpable, so maybe that a -20 mm ride is feasible without any drawback. That said, I suspect that the only way to verify is to buy them :lol: