Help needed - 1999 Aerodeck 1.8 VTI - Cuts out when accelerating

Kit

Question

Hello All, 

1999 Aerodeck 1.8 VTI 

I could really use some fresh ideas.

Situation: Driving down the M4 - car was nice and warm - cruising along steadily. Revs start dropping when accelerator is pressed - pulled into services.

Parked up and let idle, idle was rough, tried to pull away, revs dropped when accelerating - stalled. Re-start, starts fine, revs high then drops all the way to stalling. 

Historical problem: Past few months - once the car is warm - then stopped - then started again - it will occasionally hesitate / bog when accelerating - Coil pack?

Car was recovered to a garage I use, they have looked at it and no ideas. They are getting an auto electrician to investigate. 

Could it be: blocked Cat? Coil pack? distributor?

Any help appreciated. Cheers, Kit

15 hours ago, VTISTURBO said:

What was the answer in the end then? :)

unfortunately the last time that member logged into the forum was Dec 2016 mate, so probably never know! seeya.gif1

20 hours ago, Dave said:

Does the eml come on when it happens? Could be the ignitor in the dizzy is failing. Quite a common fault the last wee while. Could be the age/mileage the cars are at now.

No eml light comes on. Starts up happily then dies. 

On 29/11/2016 at 5:57 PM, Kit said:

Hello All, 

1999 Aerodeck 1.8 VTI 

I could really use some fresh ideas.

Situation: Driving down the M4 - car was nice and warm - cruising along steadily. Revs start dropping when accelerator is pressed - pulled into services.

Parked up and let idle, idle was rough, tried to pull away, revs dropped when accelerating - stalled. Re-start, starts fine, revs high then drops all the way to stalling. 

Historical problem: Past few months - once the car is warm - then stopped - then started again - it will occasionally hesitate / bog when accelerating - Coil pack?

Car was recovered to a garage I use, they have looked at it and no ideas. They are getting an auto electrician to investigate. 

Could it be: blocked Cat? Coil pack? distributor?

Any help appreciated. Cheers, Kit

What was the answer in the end then? :)