New addition - Rescued PB Vti aerodeck

dave79

So I've final had a few minutes to have a poke around... I've got a set of hardrace lower wishbone bushes coming including the compliance bushes. 

Gave the engine a thorough soaking of degrease and then changed vtec solenoid gasket and the dizzy o-ring.

Battery was missing a tie down rod so that was fitted today as well.

Next job will be removing cam cover and sealing up the end plug and new gasket. 

Fan resistor changed as well and attempted to replace the windscreen wiper switch but the one I'd ordered didn't fit. 

I need to keep and eye on the coolant level as well. Seems to have dropped in the expansion tank after topping it up... 

Loads more to do and I only managed one pic today lol

20161227_125049.jpg

• Like 1

Today I started doing the front arm bushes... wish I had a press! One arm has the fork bush out and the inner bush she'll is most of the way out. Hacksaw, drill, blowtorch were the main weapons... 

Then some news of the brown flaking metal type... this doesn't look good to me although I'm sure a clean up and welded plates may work? Funny thing is its not been reported on any previous mot advisories.

This was the drivers side. Nsf looks similar... 

20161230_152844.jpg

20161230_152828.jpg

20161230_152854.jpg

20161230_152912.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Work on the car has been slow lately. Been in my garage for about 2 weeks now. I've changed all the front lower arm bushes for hardrace ones, found both outer driveshaft gaiters split so need to change those. Removed and re-painted the rocker cover in vht wrinkle black this last weekend, and a couple of other small brackets given a quick clean up and paint with satin black. Still loads to do though, I've got a full set of engine mounts to go in, and mgzs 180 damper set and rear arb on the way as well. I'm hoping this weekend I'll get it on the road again as it's a pain not having a daily!

A few pics...unfortunately now of the rocker cover yet but I'll get some uploaded when I get a few mins to have a look... and yes, the arms could do with a brush over and paint up - if I can be bothered after doing the cv boots!

20161230_162238.jpg

20170102_121959.jpg

• Like 1

No new pics yet but the car is back on the road. DC2 type R NSF replacement shaft, OSF shaft outer boot replaced, front lower wishbone bushes all installed and front alignment done yesterday. Seems a bit better but it's still pulling quite hard to the left when accelerating. Possible causes: 2 different brand cheapo front tyres, soft/worn engine mounts and lower torque mounts (uneven torque distribution as the engine angle changes - not sure but I have new mounts to install anyway), or worn upper control arms and ball joints. Fun fun!

On a positive note, I repainted the rad stay and condenser brackets, and the crinkle black rocker cover seems to have come out well. (Pics to be added later). Still loads of little jobs to do but she will get there.

Rocker cover looks good mate. :)

These cars seem really susceptible to pulling to the side with uneven tyres. Maybe try swapping sides or front to back to see if it makes any difference? 

• Like 1

Thanks @dr_broon. Yes the rears are both michelin so I'll swap them this weekend and see. It may even get a wash lol. Sending the zs 180 suspension back as I hadn't realised that the fronts although stiffer were actually longer as well. Still got the rear arb to fit too