Gearbox splines removal - not coming out?

m0l0t0v

Question

I'm supposedly at the easy part. I've done everything that needs to be done. 

in this guide: http://www.d-series.org/forums/transmission-alley/14079-diy-tranny-removal-input-shaft-bearing-change.html

I'm on step 30. I've removed the interlocking bolt from outside the gearbox and the shift arm b bolt. However, no amout of wiggling is making the splines come out. I have removed the reverse gear and selector.

Any tips/what am I doing wrong?!

20161230_200419.jpg

that a Bseries or D series? there should be some bolts on the outisde of the tranny. take them out and be careful as there are ball bearings in there.

also have a look on the inside of the housing and see if there is an Allen key bolt. if there is a big allen key bolt you need to remove that.

have a read through this mate!

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/do-it-yourself/284236-diy-transmission-rebuild-89pics.html

d series.

Everything has been removed. There is only one bolt left and it holds the shift arm in place. Looking at the  workshop manual you don't remove that till after. I've removed the allen key bolt.

:-|

10 minutes ago, m0l0t0v said:

Yeah I have. I have tried but I can't seem to be able to move that bit. The long bolt thing I can move but not the little thing that the splines are hitting...

Where that spring is on the inside. There is a bolt on the outer bit. You also got to remove all 3 shafts at the same time. Not just one at a time

• Like 1

@Chandler Yeah I am trying all three at the same time. Was just doing the one shaft for the video to show what it was hitting. 

I've removed all the bolts other than the big bolt with the spring to push that rod down. Guess I'll just keep trying :/

1 minute ago, m0l0t0v said:

@Chandler Yeah I am trying all three at the same time. Was just doing the one shaft for the video to show what it was hitting. 

I've removed all the bolts other than the big bolt with the spring to push that rod down. Guess I'll just keep trying :/

I removed that bolt with the spring when I did mine. It's fiddly putting it back together that part but it worked for me. I literally undone every bolt ha ha 

• Like 1