Gearbox splines removal - not coming out?

m0l0t0v

Question

I'm supposedly at the easy part. I've done everything that needs to be done. 

in this guide: http://www.d-series.org/forums/transmission-alley/14079-diy-tranny-removal-input-shaft-bearing-change.html

I'm on step 30. I've removed the interlocking bolt from outside the gearbox and the shift arm b bolt. However, no amout of wiggling is making the splines come out. I have removed the reverse gear and selector.

Any tips/what am I doing wrong?!

20161230_200419.jpg

Well to change the clutch on my bike it was a case of remove 8 bolts, remove clutch cover, remove clutch, install clutch, install new gasket, install clutch cover, do up 8 bolts. 

Literally takes 20 minutes. Don't even need to empty the oil out! 

Yeah, can't wait to be rid of that horrible ISB noise

@Chandler Well I got it out. Viewed it from a different angle and then it made sense.

However.... I've either ordered the wrong set of bearings or they sent me the wrong ones. I ordered a set of mf Synchrotec bearing and seals kit for D series engines: http://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car/honda/eg/drivetrain/mfactory-synchrotech-bearing-and-seal-kit-89-00-honda-civic-ef-eg-ek-crx-d15-civic-sohc-35mm.html

So far, none of the bearings match up :-|

Bearing from the tranny on the bottom/right. Bearing from the set on the top/left :-| 

20161231_013008.jpg

I think only one of the bearings fit. Maybe two overall. But I can only see 4 bearings to replace yet I have 5... why?!

The 2 I think will fit are on one of the gear splines. Two on the box are a completely different size.

I've put the gearbox back together with the old bearing. I've got work to go to and the civic is my only way to get to work!

I'll post some pictures of the other bearings. It's meant to be a full bearing rebuild kit, other than the differential. And there were 5 bearings, just one was on the other case... :Facepalm1:

17 hours ago, m0l0t0v said:

I've put the gearbox back together with the old bearing. I've got work to go to and the civic is my only way to get to work!

I'll post some pictures of the other bearings. It's meant to be a full bearing rebuild kit, other than the differential. And there were 5 bearings, just one was on the other case... :Facepalm1:

If you were closer I would've came and helped man. Didn't take me long to do mine. Plus I got mine from honda. Only replaced 2 bearings 

8 minutes ago, m0l0t0v said:

@Chandler

Thanks bud I appreciate it. Next time it won't be a hassle though, hopefully!

How much did you pay Honda and did they have it in stock or did they have to order it in?

have to order them in. also i don't know. i don't usually pay honda prices :D