Gearbox splines removal - not coming out?

m0l0t0v

Question

I'm supposedly at the easy part. I've done everything that needs to be done. 

in this guide: http://www.d-series.org/forums/transmission-alley/14079-diy-tranny-removal-input-shaft-bearing-change.html

I'm on step 30. I've removed the interlocking bolt from outside the gearbox and the shift arm b bolt. However, no amout of wiggling is making the splines come out. I have removed the reverse gear and selector.

Any tips/what am I doing wrong?!

20161230_200419.jpg

@Chandler Ha, lucky b****r!

Also, am i right in thinking that the inner diameter of the bearing should relatively match the the size of the spindle that eventually attached to the clutch and flywheel?

It's just that the kit I ordered is for a d15 gearbox. There's no mention of different type of d15 gearbox and they do the same for d16, etc. Just standard "civic '89 - '00 Civic SOHC"

I ordered and fit a little flywheel for a d15/d16 gearbox and that fit perfectly. 

In terms of sizing of bearings, the one I need is 26mm inner diameter x 58mm outer diameter x 15mm width whereas the one i was sent was 22mm inner diameter 65 outter diameter x 17mm width. Would a smaller diameter spindle fit the same flywheel? Can the end be thicker?

@Chandler Input shaft bearing. I haven't touched the flywheel bearing. I replaced the clutch and flywheel earlier this year as my clutch had gone and wasn't sure what the flywheel was like so rather than risk it (needed the car the next day) I got a replacement one.

I'm pretty certain it is. The car was completely standard when I got it as far as I could tell, other than the headunit and possibly the spoiler. 

And I would've thought so. This is what was recommended to me: https://h-tune.co.uk/synchrotech-transmission-bearings-seals-kit/ But I got them from Tegiwa imports instead as I was buying a couple of other things.

What 2 bearings did you replace?