No warm air

willwroe

Question

Currently my heaters refuse to blow hot air. No matter how long I'm driving for they just blow cold air. I've made sure to bleed the cooling system so there's no trapped air but it's made no difference. Anyone have any ideas to what it could possibly be?

9 answers to this question

have you tried the fans on all settings and the blower works? also have you tried the blowers on all settings, ie feet, windscreen, face etc.

I had the same problem with mine only blowing out cold air from the centre vents. turns out the cable wasn't turning properly and one of the flaps wasn't turning enough.

best thing to do is to remove your heater box from behind your glovebox. then test the switches/ dials to see if the flaps are moving properly

32 minutes ago, Krzys said:

Engine temperature getting up to normal levels?

Yeah I'm fairly confident it's the same on all settings. But I guess I can try take the heater out and see if there's anything obvious that's wrong. I'm not sure if it might be linked but the first three settings on the fan power don't work. So only the last two on the dial blow air.

Yeah I think I'm going to strip it down soon and see exactly what's happening inside. I was thinking the temperature control could be faulty so it's not moving off cold setting but I'll hopefully see what's up straight away. Cheers for the help everyone!