aftermarket central locking Mb6

Jay

I have recently installed a Toad alarm to my Mb6, I found a lot of conflicting info on the central locking activation for an aftermarket unit.

It is difficult to interpret and manipulate the locking signals due to switches in the locks themselves providing feedback signals. To clear this up and keep all the door locks working as they should, also retaining the use of the original fob, the simplest way is to find the central locking module located behind the heating controls (centre console), open up the unit and attach the negative trigger system directly to the pins on the dual relay as shown. these pins will activate the door lock/un-lock when grounded.

Hope this helps.

20170120_104337.jpg

20170120_104342.jpg

Hi Chandler,

The wires go to the alarm I installed so the fob that comes with the alarm now opens and locks the doors. Here is the diagram I used for the locking, the colour of the wires correspond with the pictures :)

20170207_074340.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive got this alarm on my mb6. Battery has been flat fo a year. Tried starting the car but cranks and no start. Any idea? Fuel pump doesn't prime