B18C4 header to 4-1

mokus

Question

Hi! Im about to buy header, but I have to act fast.

Engine is stock B18C4, stock header. New header is 4-1 with bigger diameter tubes ofc.

My only question is that, the low and mid range are gonna lose torque or power with 4-1?

I know it gives on top end, but my exactly question is if the 4-1 has better diameters than stock, it could give the same powers on low and mid as stock? (and better on high end ofc)

I just dont want to loose on mid range

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, UnicyclingTom said:

a 4-1 seems to only give gains at the top  end.

A 4-2-1 definitely gives greater toruqe (on my bum dyno)

I've had both on my aerodeck. 

The 4-1 sounds awesome,  but for daily driving I'd go for a 4-2-1

I know, but I want to know if the bigger diameter tubes of 4-1 allows to get the same power on low/mid as the stock.  If you know what i mean.

so if the stock 4-2-1 do 100 on X rpm, the 4-1 lose on low-mid BUT with bigger tubes maybe gives a little power for the lost low/mid, and reach the 100 like the stock one

Oem is very restrictive any good brand name manifold will be an upgrade 4-1, 4-2-1 or 4-2-2-1.

I have 4-2-1 Dc sport and had  good gains and is well made.

my aimed tune was for low,midrange&top with a twin loop also inlet & cams itr airbox ect.

So all depends what your future plan is for breathing mods ect

My plan is to keep the daily mid range power and gain on top, or later go for 4-2-1 aftermarket if I dont like the 4-1.

It would be a B series TSS 4-1 manifold. a bit bigger diameters. new price from germany is 400 euro. I will buy it for 90 euro. with TUV papers.

I just want to upgrade the exhaust system a bit, also have an ITR airbox with cold air feed. Maybe if its worth to do, i will adjust the ecu for these mods with tuned p28. But not sure yet,if it worth the money