marv

Not updated this in a while. Life has been good with the little mb4. It's taken us round Ireland and down south twice in the past few months and never skipped a beat. The rear brakes started to play up so I fitted new calipers,discs and pads. Unfortunately last night my wife had a bump in the car. Country roads round our way are terrible and she lost control and ended up hitting posts and a fence. Managed to drive the car back (the little trooper it is) but the damage is too much to repair. Have no fear tho! I set out today to find a car, and managed to pick up a 1998 aerodeck es with full black leather interior for £150 :) it needs a mot but that'll be done tomorrow and then I need to strip the mb4. Il remove all the hubs,suspension, engine etc to keep and fit to the deck. I'd just finished painting up some banded steels I made for the mb4, but looks like they'll now go on the deck. Will probably make a replica of my old blue deck as I really liked that car. No pics of the deck yet but some will follow.

57BB0F2F-49A3-4799-B2F9-3FE94C120AA9_zps

2A601B04-9DDB-4021-9466-9DBC84B1C8CA_zps

9358D711-57AF-4C3F-84AC-416F4D2190B7_zps

7644D85C-B197-4E4B-AB7B-F2B796EE23B2_zps

• Sad 1

Yeah she's fine. We've been down to one car for a while but iv been doing a lot of work to a ford ka we got for free. It's near completion now but I just want the deck for myself lol

Oh and the deck passed its mot :) so that's £185 in total for a road going car, pretty chuffed with that. And the full leather interior makes for a nice drive.

41771DBC-1202-4E31-8EEE-6B9B3D00CF25_zps

• Like 3

Advisory on the front drop links, a tyre and handbrake. The new calipers etc from the mb4 will be fitted to this. Also have s full front end polybush kit so il fit that to the mb4 arms and get them on the deck. Then iv got the 15x8.5 and 9 banded steels to fit once the konis and on :)

• Like 1

Sad times for the wee mb4 mate, she was looking superb at the last meet/run. Really liked that civic, reminded me of Ruby.

But,..........nice one on getting the deck!!!! So glad youre staying with the civic M's! How the hell did you find that for £185????? Need to bring her down for a wee photoshoot withh DD! Liking the plans you got for her.

Above all, glad the mrs is ok mate. Know the roads up your way well and theyre a total night mare.....pot holes, blind bends and really narrow. Glad she walked away from it, and testimony to how these civics, given how old they are, still protect us well. plus the fact she still get her home!

• Like 1