Dexter

12 hours ago, 10000rpm said:

Just a whale intake will be of no benefit due to heat soak

Intake kit wise I Currently have a whale intake with a Blox 4" velocity stack and 6" filter with a direct cold air feed fitted to my aerodeck.

Throttle body I would go for 68mm or 70mm. I have a 70mm fitted.

Intake manifold I would have the new style skunk2 intake manifold over the performer x. I changed from old skunk2 to new style and you could feel the difference in midrange/topend.

Thanks for the input. Been looking at the velocity stacks but haven't really made up my mind what i think about them... but you got me interested, time to do some more research i think!

How do you tell the difference between an old style Skunk2 IM and a new one, is it a different model? I've been looking at the Pro series.

42 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Thanks for the input. Been looking at the velocity stacks but haven't really made up my mind what i think about them... but you got me interested, time to do some more research i think!

How do you tell the difference between an old style Skunk2 IM and a new one, is it a different model? I've been looking at the Pro series.

Yeah the pro series is the old version and the new version is skunk2 ultra street.

I didn't want to loose the vtec noise the whale intake makes so bought a 4" Blox velocity stack and filter kit. The new Blox filter is monstrous.

• 7 months later...

I have the blox inlet manifold. As you know it sits higher than oem.

I always wanted a Aem v2 inducton kit. Is anyone running that with a blox manifold? If so which one will fit?

^^ Had too fit my old brace and say goodbye to 3 point strut brace,when I fitted my skunk2 inlet..

3 point worked really well :(

will soon see if my spare s2000 TB fits

I have itr r airbox atm

Fitted the S2000 TB today

supposed to be 66mm IN 62.7mm OUT.?

cruise in first cam profile is better 5600k  at mach 1 + pulls well to 8500k in gears and more I guess with ease  <ecu  P28 chipped>

I needed to swap cable mechanism  on TB over from OEM TB & drill and tap a 6mm hole fit stud for bracket to hold cable.

Will be better with my decat fitted :D