B16 head b18 block?

gary1mc

I've just came across a guy selling an engine with a b16 head on a b18 block has anyone ever had experience with this setup any pros/cons to look out for cause I think I'm buying it ;)

PS would s80 gearbox go with this setup and possibly a p28 ecu all to go in my ej8

Edited by gary1mc

Depends which b16 had it is. I can't remember which one you need, but with the right one it gets called a poor man's type r.

S80 should be fine with any b series as far as I know (unless there's an issue with cable or hydraulic clutch on your setup) 

• Like 1

B16a or a2 head will be the one.

If it's been done properly then you should be fine. By properly I mean the pistons should have been changed as the compression ratio when you just swap the head over will be wrong.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Krzys said:

B16a or a2 head will be the one.

If it's been done properly then you should be fine. By properly I mean the pistons should have been changed as the compression ratio when you just swap the head over will be wrong.

Probably be better building one myself just to be sure but if I'm building an engine it's not gonna be that setup was just thinking about time Vs cash with that but when in doubt do it yourself B)