Headgasket :(

Danoteg

Question

Think I've got the beginning of a headgasket leak, car never over heats unless driven really hard but will however fill the expansion tank so I'm guessing I've got a leak from a cylinder into coolant passage. Odd thing is I commute the car every day in bad traffic and it never overheats, doesn't use coolant runs perfect it's very strange compared to other bad head gaskets I've seen. I've changed the thermostat and rad cap so far and hasn't helped. Also compression tested it and got 200psi across all 4 cylinders so I'm stumped lol. Should I change the water pump or bite the bullet and do the head work 

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, noodels said:

Tried a rad weld in the coolant ?

No haven't tried any sealers, I'm kinda against them lol from what I've came across in work of what they do to the inside of an engine block I'm not to keen on them 

If your car is inclined to run hot when driven hard I'd be looking at the radiator  first because  it'll cost you nothing to inspect and back flush the radiator.

You can have any Garage check for CO2 in your cooling system.....shouldn't cost much .

Fingers crossed it's not too serious :)

• Like 2

That was the first thing I done was change the thermostat flush the system and fresh coolant and rad cap. Was looking at them co2 testers on YouTube there today think I'll grab one during the week and do a test

Lol I regularly make sambos on my rocker cover so could have had a spillage ha ha. Car just passed nct (Ireland attempt at MOT) lol emissions were spot on and the car hasn't overheated since, stupid thing time to bin the D and insert B lol