My VTi-S Aerdeck restoration

VTECDeck

Hi guys and gals. Just thought I'd throw up a post about my latest acquisition, a 99 VTi-S Aerodeck. I used to own an 97 Aerodeck VTi In silver with the VTi-S kit that I loved and should't have sold, after 30+ Honda's it's still one of the top three. At the time of me getting my VTi another guy local to be bought this car, and he used it on and off for the few years he had it then parked it up when it developed a distributor fault and wouldn't start. She sat of the drive for the next nine months. When I heard she was going up for sale I went and got it as soon as I could, and I've since been trying my best to get her back to the condition she deserves to be in (with how many left saying there's only 32 of these left I think she should be pretty minty).

When I first got her she's was in a pretty sorry state, having be parked for months in a hedge. After giving if a quick was it was down to the MOT station to get a health check. Annoyingly it didn't quite fill a page but was close, all typical Honda problems that I've fixed far to many times before. Got them all sorted and she flew through the next test. Since the MOT I've been going through the little niggles getting bits done (removing the light tints, sorting the rear plate recess, getting the stereo working) up until this past weekend when the B18C4 was removed. My one complaint of my previous MC2 was the power, she was always lacking in some grunt so seeing as I'm currently K24 swapping my track car (98 UKDM integra) I had a really healthy B18C6 and S80 spare. With a few friends we managed to get both engines out and the C6 fitted back into the 'deck and running in 7hours.
Still have Jobs to do on her, I'm just starting the process of adapting a DC2 HKS silent Hi-power exhaust system to fit the car (B18C engine need 60mm exhaust systems to be at their full potential), have a mid wing currently being painted along with the front bumper and lip, and I have to get the sunroof retracting as it's currently only going back about an inch. While the headliner is out in also going to retrim it in black suede aswell as the pillar plastics.
Ive added a few pics of the progress so far and I'll put some more up once I've got some more progress. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Loving what you've done so far mate, and great to see this being returned to it's former glory. These deserved to be restored, so many good ones been broken for parts in the past. Suits the new rims so much better too, and without the god awful light tints! Never been a fan of light tinting, think it spoils the look. She's gonna be a beaut!

Be sure to join our new site that's coming soon for modern classic cars. ;)

Yeh the car was at a few shows over the past few years with the previous owner, ive only removed them to refurbish them to stock Advan colours then There going back on (I have 3 sets of SA3Rs) I'm on the look out for some standard turbines though to keep with the car. 

The C6 is a supe healthy engine so I was a no brainier to swap it in. 

The K24 from 4-piston is a fantastic engine but I'm going to a stock bottom end to start, K20a2 head with toda cams and ITBs. 

love it with those advans do you still have them? what size are they? 

I use to have a cold set on my old civic coupe. alot of people hated the wheels but I thought they looked awesome! 

• Like 1

Yeh I've still got the Advans, there 16x7 ET38 I believe. Currently being stripped so I can re finish them in the standard silver with the blue decals on the centre cap. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, VTECDeck said:

Yeh I've still got the Advans, there 16x7 ET38 I believe. Currently being stripped so I can re finish them in the standard silver with the blue decals on the centre cap. 

love them wheels!

• Like 1