On 6/29/2018 at 1:30 PM, dr_broon said:

I got these off ebay but they haven't been fitted yet.  By the sounds of @DeLaSoul 's experience they'll need modifying to fit the deck properly. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F272959091516

yeah I had found them, I've messaged to see if they have any for the aerodeck but I've not heard back. I might end up ordering these. but the sills will have to be made, fun and games! 

9 hours ago, dmrichards said:

here's what state it's in at the minute, its really killed the motivation I had but I won't be beaten! 

34pfek4.jpg

2vwclyf.jpg

2dt19gg.jpg

Under the car you can use patch panels and fabricate your own bits fairly easily. I can't weld but a friend took care of the rust on the underside of mine and a hole in the front wheel arch inner after I made the patch panels. It'll all be good in the end mate

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm hoping to get the welding done in the first week of August with the help of my mate. fingers crossed we can get it done in a day or two! 

I've decided to get a s300 ecu so I've ordered a MAC boost solenoid ready for that along with some uprated engine mounts. 

I've started to clean up the tank before that goes back on. Its only the welding holding things up really. once that's the rest can be put back together. :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well I've got the engine back in, wiring loom on, inlet, front wings back on because I kept sticking myself to the underseal :lol: only got this picture but I'll get some from under the car next time I'm there.

the s**tty looking engine cover will be changed already got a nice one waiting for it. I'll put that on when it's pretty much done.

2q23k2r.jpg

Edited by dmrichards
  • Like 3