got a few jobs done and dusted. the engine and gear box has been cleaned and painted, cambelt and water pump done, fly wheel skimmed and stage 4 clutch fitted. Also had a few brackets and bits powder coated, might have the engine back in tomorrow. Has any had any experience with the skunk2 ultra intake manifolds on here? 

u991v.jpg

2lvn09t.jpg

9696qx.jpg

2v8hl4x.jpg

• Like 1

The starter motor will be cleaned up abit at somepoint, it looks a right old mess! :lol: 

was going to say about the starter motor!

looks great so far mate

• Like 1

Godd stuff so far, why a stage 4 clutch?

• Like 1

Awesome build, cant wait to see whats next lad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Krzys said:

Godd stuff so far, why a stage 4 clutch?

The donor car had what I thought was a stage 4 but I think it might of been a stage 3 because the new clutch is a different design. It might be a little ott but if I ever go for more power it should be up for the job. 

• Like 1

I wanted to get the engine back in today but the new sub frame bolts I ordered wasn't right. But there is a few rust scabs that I'm going to get sorted and with the engine out it'll be easier. 

Put the subframe collars in today, ordered what I'm hoping will be the correct subframe bolts and some polly bush antiroll bar bushes. 

Had a little issue with the oem fuel rail where it wouldn't sit flush with the inlet but some little rubber bushes sorted that out. 

2rhbjt5.jpg

1tpufb.jpg

71lncj.jpg

1zf2y3b.jpg

kdwftl.jpg

jaff5d.jpg

30j4405.jpg

• Like 2

looking sweet mate! picking my subrframe, lower arms and wiper arms up from the powder coaters friday, also got my bro to make me some collars aswel!

picking my new subframe bolts up next week aswel :) 

also have you poly bushed the lower arms?

12 hours ago, Chandler said:

looking sweet mate! picking my subrframe, lower arms and wiper arms up from the powder coaters friday, also got my bro to make me some collars aswel!

picking my new subframe bolts up next week aswel :) 

also have you poly bushed the lower arms?

cheers pal, I'm really happy with the work the powder coaters do only issue is it's a 2 week turn around! Where are you getting your new subframe bolts from out of interest? 

the two main bushes in the lower arms have been changed already I'm not sure on the others. They're what I removed from the donor car, most of the bushes had been changed on that. 

Looking good dude!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dmrichards said:

cheers pal, I'm really happy with the work the powder coaters do only issue is it's a 2 week turn around! Where are you getting your new subframe bolts from out of interest? 

the two main bushes in the lower arms have been changed already I'm not sure on the others. They're what I removed from the donor car, most of the bushes had been changed on that. 

honda mate is where i get mine from ;) 

only asking because i have a set of arms polybushed thats up for grabs ;) 

ye mine have been 3 weeks waiting, but not too fussed on that

started tidying up a few rust scabs, I'm not looking forward to what I'll find at the back of the car, it's looking pretty scabby! fingers crossed it's solid. once it's all cleaned back and treated it'll be undersealed. 

lxjsk.jpg

2mgksxz.jpg

2a9ayz9.jpg

of66pg.jpg

20zvihf.jpg

w05mo3.jpg

dqyz4.jpg

2d8rq69.jpg

Also test fitted the intercooler 8-)

2zjkeud.jpg

• Like 1

bad news! whilst cleaning up the back end ive found some holes! does anyone know where I can get some repair panels? 

On 6/29/2018 at 1:30 PM, dr_broon said:

I got these off ebay but they haven't been fitted yet.  By the sounds of @DeLaSoul 's experience they'll need modifying to fit the deck properly. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F272959091516

yeah I had found them, I've messaged to see if they have any for the aerodeck but I've not heard back. I might end up ordering these. but the sills will have to be made, fun and games! 

here's what state it's in at the minute, its really killed the motivation I had but I won't be beaten! 

34pfek4.jpg

2vwclyf.jpg

2dt19gg.jpg

Ouch! 

Wouldn't be surprised if that's what mine are like though. 

9 hours ago, dmrichards said:

here's what state it's in at the minute, its really killed the motivation I had but I won't be beaten! 

34pfek4.jpg

2vwclyf.jpg

2dt19gg.jpg

Under the car you can use patch panels and fabricate your own bits fairly easily. I can't weld but a friend took care of the rust on the underside of mine and a hole in the front wheel arch inner after I made the patch panels. It'll all be good in the end mate

• Like 2

Well I'm hoping to get the welding done in the first week of August with the help of my mate. fingers crossed we can get it done in a day or two! 

I've decided to get a s300 ecu so I've ordered a MAC boost solenoid ready for that along with some uprated engine mounts. 

I've started to clean up the tank before that goes back on. Its only the welding holding things up really. once that's the rest can be put back together. :lol:

• Like 1

well the welding is 95% done, the cars been undersealed but there's still a few bits that need abit more. Will get some pictures over the weekend once the underseal has dried. 8-)

• Like 1

Nice one mate and good to see her saved! Looking forward to the photos!

• Like 1

well I've got the engine back in, wiring loom on, inlet, front wings back on because I kept sticking myself to the underseal :lol: only got this picture but I'll get some from under the car next time I'm there.

the s**tty looking engine cover will be changed already got a nice one waiting for it. I'll put that on when it's pretty much done.

2q23k2r.jpg

Edited by dmrichards
  • Like 3

welding is done and the fuel tank back in. Now to find the missing water pipes and replace a broken fuel line, along with putting all the suspension back on. What a job this turned in to!