Whats the deal with photobucket?

Dave

Noticed recently that members who have posted images that are hosted on photobucket now have a generic image from photobucket inserted where their own image was (like photos of cars in members project threads have been replaced with an image stating " upgrade to third party hosting").

ive been onto my own photobucket and have used the normal link for posting images in forums and it displays fine? I gather they have changed the format of the links slightly so that previously posted images now dont display?

Can you take 5 mins to check photos youve posted from photobucket and if you see the "upgrade to 3rd party" image instead of your own image, try copying your images link (the one for forums) and posting it again to see if it works?

yeah, clicked on the upgrade (which basically just gives you the account we all had bfore where you could share stuff!) and its over £300! as Tom says, absolute shit! 

I did a wee test though, and copied the "forums" link from a photo in my album and posted it in the forum......and it worked! So looks like folk might get ripped off if they dont try and reuse the links on the photos theyve already uploaded to it.

and that was one ive just uploaded to PB. All appears to be working! 

might be worth going through your projects and updating the pb links so yoyr images are displayed ;)