Honda Civic MB2 Petrol 1998 Automatic

Silvio

Question

Hi folks! I have a strange problem with my Civic, I have bought it a year ago and I really love this car :) but I have problem with acceleration. The car goes fine untill 90km/h but after this don't run very well, I have to pres the pedal to 4000rpm so the car speeds up to 120km/h and up. The main issue is that when I go uphill the car seems to die, I have to go up to 3500-4500rpm to run 60 or 70 km/h. I have done all the service needed (engine oil, filters, spark plugs) but nothing changed. I have tried another Civic MB2 1998 petrol and runs perfectly, mine is like old lady :) . Any suggestion will be appreciated. 

2 answers to this question

Was the car fine before? The cause can be many things so it will be a process of elimination. As you changed some of the main culprits, you need to start looking at trying the following

• Replace the fuel filter
  • Replace spark plug leads
  • Check condition of dizzy cap and rotor arm and replace if necessary.
  • Check the earths in the engine bay, make sure they all have good contact to metal.

Other causes could be possible air leak in the intake system making it run to lean.

When i bought the car was in DEAD Mode :(. I changed everything then (fuel filter, Oil filter, air filter, engine oil, transmission oil, throtle cleaning, valve registration, timing belt kit (new) etc...) practically i brought it to life :) but this was my main issue. Today I did a service to the car (engine oil, oif filter, fuel filter, air filter, spurk plugs Denso but the situation is tha same, the acceleration is poor.

We checked the earths in the engine bay and everything is OK.

I will replace the dizzy cap, rotor arm and spurk plug leads, hope this will work.

• Like 1