MB2 Won't Start

d4nc00per

Question

I have a 1998 1.4 MB2 which won't start after I've removed my subwoofer. Everything was fine before I removed it, but since I've taken it out, the EML is on and the engine will turn over but not start. I've tried bridging the diagnostic port, but the light does not flash, which means that the ECU is broken (I think?). I've no idea how I could have blown the ECU by taking the sub out, but thats what it looks like. Does anyone have ideas or else it's probably scrap? Thanks

3 answers to this question

Was there a 12v supply going to the sub? Only thing I can think of is if there was then possible its shorted during removal blowing one of the main fuses? Vheck all the fuses both in the engine bay and also inside the car. From what i remember thete is a fuse for the ecu in the interior fuse box.

Thanks for your reply. I've checked all the fuses and everything seems as it should. If somehow I've fried the ECU is there a way to test or diagnose it? Can I easily replace it with the same part number or does it need programming to my specific car?