Tune Up Kit Honda Civic

Silvio

Hi there!

I need to put some new stuff on my Civic 1.4i S 1998 (NKG Spark Leads,  Distributor Cap, ignition Rotor etc...).

I found a set on eBay but i dont know if the Distributor Cap is the right one, on the specification of the product they say that fit for the below Civic Models :

Honda

Civic

DX Sedan 4-Door

1.6L 1590CC 97Cu. In. l4 GAS SOHC Naturally Aspirated

Honda

Civic

EX Sedan 4-Door

Honda

Civic

LX Sedan 4-Door

Please i need help on this because i am having a lot of problems with my Civic preformance, it has been a while with this and i think that this migt be the problem.

S.

Those appear to be for the 4 door (possibly American) models and also they are for 1.6 emgines. There might be some differences in the engines so best to check which one is in yours. You can find more info here >>> https://civic5.com/forum/civic-5-door-and-aerodeck-chassis-codes

You can  get the full engine code on the block and I think also on the VIN plate. I would put a search in on ebay using those details so you can get the correct parts for your engine. Bearing in mind that some parts on Ebay can be of a poorer quality to parts sourced elsewhere. ;)

• Thanks 1

It is my first Honda and MB Civic is a very rare car (prewiously i had FORD Fiesta 1.4 16V and Suzuki Swift 1.3 GS  ) so finding some parts for MB it is difficult to find (NEW).

Can i send you my car VIN to tell me which is my Honda engine, because i really dont understand how to find engine code on VIN number.

Thank you

S.

This is my Honda engine, i hope someone can help me on this because i have started to "love" it and i want to start a project with it, to make it shine :).

Civic.png

Sorry for the condition of the engine (very dirty) but this picture was made as soon as I bought it and made it service (new radiator, air filter, gasoline filter, engine oil, transmission oil, battery, throtle cleaning, new brake discs and other things I dont remember ..... i brought it in life again :)

• Like 1