Sign in to follow this  
Alvaro3714

Hello from Spain!

Alvaro3714    2

Yo guys! 

My name is Álvaro and I'm from Jaén, a little province located in the south of Spain.

I use as third car a Honda Civic MB3 1.5 115hp with motor code D15Z8 from year 2000.

I hope I will learn many things from all of you, because I'm suffering a high idling and an elevated fuel consumption, but leaving aside this, the car is really nice.

Regards!

• Like 1

Dave    2,266

welcometocivic5smile Alvaro! The MB3 is a great little civic mb to have, decent performance and (usually) amazing fuel consumption. You'll find all the info you need on our Civic M's in the forum, and if it's not there, just ask! Always someone able to help.

The High idle and increased fuel consumption sounds like you may have an air leak at the intake, meaning it's drawing in too much air which weakens the mix and so the car is pushing more fuel in to try and balance the mixture. Check all the hoses and pipework around the intake manifold to see if any are maybe perished/leaking.

Other possible cause is a faulty idle control valve, or possibly a faulty o2 sensor/EGR

• Thanks 1

Alvaro3714    2
7 minutes ago, Dave said:

welcometocivic5smile Alvaro! The MB3 is a great little civic mb to have, decent performance and (usually) amazing fuel consumption. You'll find all the info you need on our Civic M's in the forum, and if it's not there, just ask! Always someone able to help.

The High idle and increased fuel consumption sounds like you may have an air leak at the intake, meaning it's drawing in too much air which weakens the mix and so the car is pushing more fuel in to try and balance the mixture. Check all the hoses and pipework around the intake manifold to see if any are maybe perished/leaking.

Other possible cause is a faulty idle control valve, or possibly a faulty o2 sensor/EGR

Thank you Dave!

The high idling finishes after a while when the engine is hot, but it takes too much time to get stabilized, so as you said, I also think it could be the o2 sensor/EGR or the idle control valve.

Thanks again for your hospitality!

Now I will check every post in your forum related to this.:D

• Like 1