Radio roof antenna Height/Angle adjustment

Rissy

Question

I've owned my Civic for 13yrs now.  I still remember back in the early days, I messed with the radio antenna, pulling it up to a higher angle than it originally was.  In doing so, it "clicked" and has remained at this increased angle ever since (meaning it's sticking up higher into the air).  I've tried quite a few times to get it to "unclick" so that I can lean it back down closer to the sunroof, but i've never had much luck with this.  There *seems* to be some sort of latch or catch or something within the body of the antenna holder on the roof of the car, but I can't for the life of me figure out if, or how, it works to be able to unlatch the antenna so that I can lower it again.

Anyone have any advice?

1999 MB6 VTi

6 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, UnicyclingTom said:

Multi story car park with a cealing?

Reversing out of the garage and the antenna repeatedly catching on the door above.  (almost snapped the antenna off, on more than one occasion)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rissy said:

Reversing out of the garage and the antenna repeatedly catching on the door above.  (almost snapped the antenna off, on more than one occasion)

dont that before but i bent it on my smx when i had it rlol.gif1