My fresh new Aerodeck and it's problems

ChosenOne

Question

Hello! I have recently bought a nice looking 1999 Civic Aerodeck and I've discovered some problems with it since I drove it more and more. I'll list all the issues that I've found with my new Aero and I'll appreciate any help I can get from you guys

- ABS and SRS lights are not coming on at all
- Slight knock when I hit the gas pedal
- Engine sounds a little too loud even when idle
- Starts a little slower after sitting for days (battery ?)
- Howling noise from some of the wheels but doesn't go silent in corners (wheel bearings ?)
- Slight leak from the middle of the steering rack

4 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, UnicyclingTom said:

Bulbs taken out of SRS/abs lights?

Does the abs work?

Knock, dunno

Starts a little slower, that sounds normal.  Mine used to struggle starting facing uphill with less than ⅛ of a tank!

Steering rack problems are normal and yes, it sounds as if you have a bearing gone.

ABS does not work. Is it a good idea to order front ABS sensors or what would you suggest ? Thanks for all the other answers

late reply, but if you can get the steering rack out and find where the leak is coming from you might be able to fix it. It could be a leak from the pipes/hoses, or it could be that the seals in the rack have perished. Check online that both the seals and hoses are available to buy before removing it though. Or, if you can find decent second hand one, replace the entire rack. From what I've seen, it's a pretty hefty job to remove it.